Those traveling to Watsonia are sure to enjoy the sights to see and things to do. Around the area, top sights include Melbourne Cricket Ground, St. Kilda Beach, and Doncaster Shopping Centre.
- You'll find 1533 Expedia hotels and other accommodations in the larger area of Melbourne
- The closest major airport is in Melbourne, VIC (MEB-Essendon), 10.3 mi (16.5 km) from the city center
- The next closest is in Melbourne, VIC (MEL-Tullamarine), 13.1 mi (21.2 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Watsonia
Melbourne Cricket Ground, St. Kilda Beach, and Doncaster Shopping Centre are some of the notable places to visit in the surrounding region. Additionally, in the area you'll find Melbourne Zoo and Melbourne Museum.
As you plan your vacation to Watsonia, your ideal accommodation may not be in the heart of the city but there are 600 hotels and lodging options locally. Here are places to stay in the surrounding area:
- Atlantis Hotel, Melbourne is located 10.1 mi (16.3 km) from the heart of Watsonia. Guests who stay at this 4-star motel in Melbourne can enjoy access to a restaurant and an indoor pool, along with free WiFi. Our customers like its quiet location and comfortable rooms.
- The Victoria Hotel Melbourne is 9.6 mi (15.4 km) from central Watsonia. Guests who stay at this 3.5-star hotel in Melbourne can enjoy access to a restaurant and an indoor pool, along with free Internet. Our customers like its bar and overall value.
- Stamford Plaza Melbourne is 9.5 mi (15.2 km) from the center of Watsonia. This 5-star hotel in Melbourne features a restaurant, an indoor pool, and a fitness center. Our customers like its family-friendly amenities and pool.
Outside the city, popular places to visit include Queen Victoria Market, 9.5 mi/15.3 km from the heart of the city, and Melbourne Central, which is 9.5 mi (15.4 km) away.
Getting Around Watsonia
Head to Watsonia Station to catch metro. If you'd like to explore around the area, you may want to rent a car for your trip.
Dressing for Watsonia
- Between January and March, you can expect the daytime average to be around 80°F and the nighttime average to be 50°F
- From April to June, temperatures average about 68°F during the day and 41°F at night
- July through September averages 64°F during the day and 41°F at night
- In October-December, the average temperature is 75°F during the day and 45°F at night
- About 0.47 inches of rain falls on Watsonia each year
- Hottest months are usually February and January with an average temperature of 78°F, while the coldest months are July and June with an average of 41°F