Visitors to Watsonville are sure to enjoy the sporting events, beaches, and entertainment choices. This city also attracts tourists with its restaurants. Gilroy Premium Outlets, Santa Cruz Beach Boardwalk, and Mystery Spot are some of the top sights around the area.
- You'll find 440 Expedia hotels and other accommodations in the larger area of Monterey
- The closest major airport is in Watsonville, CA (WVI-Watsonville Municipal), 2.3 mi (3.7 km) from the city center
- The next closest is in Salinas, CA (SNS-Salinas Municipal), 18.7 mi (30 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Watsonville
The city's natural setting is picturesque, including the beaches and these places to visit: Ramsay Park, Pinto Lake Park, and Sunset State Beach. A couple of additional sights to add to your agenda are Pajaro Valley Historical Association and Watsonville Square Shopping Center.
As you plan your holiday retreat, you'll find 33 hotels and other lodging options available to pick from in Watsonville. Below are top ranked ones based on Expedia user reviews:
- Holiday Inn Express Suites Watsonville - This 2.5-star hotel features free breakfast, an indoor pool, and free WiFi. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its pool and clean, comfortable rooms.
- Best Western Rose Garden Inn - Our customers like the breakfast and overall value at this motel. This 2.5-star motel features free breakfast, an outdoor pool, and free WiFi.
- Comfort Inn Watsonville - With a stay at this 2.5-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and free parking, along with free WiFi. Expedia customers like its overall value and proximity to the airport.
Top places to visit outside the city include Gilroy Premium Outlets, 13.3 mi/21.3 km from the heart of the city, and Santa Cruz Beach Boardwalk, which is 14.9 mi/24 km away.
Dressing for Watsonville
- Between January and March, daytime temperatures average 66°F, while nighttime temperatures stay around 39°F
- From April to June, the average is 72°F during the day and 44°F at night
- July through September sees average temperatures of 74°F during the day and 51°F at night
- In October-December, you can expect 73°F as the daytime average and 39°F as the nighttime average
- Watsonville gets about 23.03 inches of rain per year
- September and October are usually the hottest months averaging 73°F, while January and December are usually the coldest with an average temperature of 40°F