Visitors to Waukesha are sure to enjoy the live music, shopping, and sporting events. This city also attracts tourists with its university setting. Around the area, top sights include Milwaukee Art Museum, Miller Park, and Mitchell Park Horticultural Conservatory.
- You'll find 255 Expedia hotels and other accommodations in the larger area of Milwaukee
- The closest major airport is in Waukesha, WI (UES-Waukesha County), 1.8 mi (3 km) from the city center
- The next closest is in Milwaukee, WI (MKE-General Mitchell Intl.), 17.2 mi (27.7 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Waukesha
The city is well known for its live music scene and cultural venues like Waukesha County Museum. Favorite family attractions include Lasertag Adventure and Monkey Joe's. The university setting is a highlight of the city and Carroll University is worth a campus tour.
As you plan your vacation, you'll find 10 hotels and other lodging accommodations to select from in Waukesha. Below are top ones based on our user reviews:
- Home2 Suites by Hilton Milwaukee Brookfield - This 2.5-star hotel features free breakfast, an indoor pool, and free WiFi. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its breakfast and helpful staff.
- Marriott Milwaukee West - Our customers like the overall value and comfortable, quiet rooms at this hotel. This 3.5-star hotel features a restaurant, an indoor pool, and free WiFi.
- The Clarke Hotel - With a stay at this 3-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and a restaurant, along with free WiFi. Expedia customers like its breakfast and clean, comfortable rooms.
Outside the city, popular places to see include Milwaukee Art Museum, located 17 mi (27.3 km) from the heart of the city, and Miller Park, which is 13.2 mi/21.3 km away.
Dressing for Waukesha
- Between January and March, you can expect the daytime average to be around 50°F and the nighttime average to be 10°F
- From April to June, temperatures average about 82°F during the day and 29°F at night
- July through September averages 82°F during the day and 43°F at night
- In October-December, the average temperature is 66°F during the day and 12°F at night
- Waukesha gets about 34.61 inches of rain per year
- Hottest months are usually July and June with an average temperature of 81°F, while the coldest months are January and February with an average of 13°F