Families will find kid-friendly activities in Waxahachie, and visitors give high marks for the top-notch restaurants. Relaxing and welcoming, this city attracts tourists with its sporting events and shopping.
- There are 34 hotels and other accommodations in Waxahachie
- The closest major airport is in Dallas, TX (DAL-Love Field), 31.7 mi (50.9 km) from the city center
- The next closest is in Dallas, TX (DFW-Dallas-Fort Worth Intl.), 37.1 mi (59.7 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Waxahachie
Cultural venues in the city include Ellis County Museum, Mosaic Madness, and Ennis Public Theatre. A couple of additional sights to add to your agenda are Texas Motorplex and Ellis County Courthouse.
As you plan your holiday getaway, you'll find 34 hotels and other lodging options available to pick from in Waxahachie. These are top ones based on Expedia user reviews:
- The English Merchant s Inn - With a stay at this 3.5-star bed & breakfast, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and free parking, along with free WiFi. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its breakfast and clean, comfortable rooms.
- Quality Inn Ennis - Our customers like the convenient parking and comfortable, quiet rooms at this hotel. With a stay at this 2.5-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and free parking, along with free WiFi.
- Fairfield Inn & Suites by Marriott Dallas Waxahachie - With a stay at this 2.5-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and an outdoor pool, along with free WiFi. Expedia customers like its breakfast and overall value.
Top places to see in the area include Dallas Zoo, 24.6 mi/39.6 km from the city center, and Reunion Tower, which is 27 mi/43.4 km away.
Dressing for Waxahachie
- Between January and March, you can expect average temperatures of 71°F during the day and 33°F at night
- From April to June, the average during the day is 92°F, while the average at night is 48°F
- July through September has daytime averages of 95°F with nighttime averages of 60°F
- In October-December, you can expect daytime averages of 82°F and nighttime averages of 34°F
- Waxahachie gets about 39.11 inches of rain per year
- Usually August and July are the hottest months with an average of 94°F, whereas January and December are often coldest, averaging 35°F