Visitors give high marks for the top-notch restaurants in Waynesboro, which is also known for its wineries and shopping. Tourists can also enjoy the city's festivals and art.
- You'll find 62 Expedia hotels and other accommodations in the larger area of Staunton
- The closest major airport is in Weyers Cave, VA (SHD-Shenandoah Valley Regional), 13.5 mi (21.7 km) from the city center
- The next closest is in Charlottesville, VA (CHO-Charlottesville-Albemarle), 24.8 mi (39.9 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Waynesboro
Cultural venues in the city include Wayne Theatre, Waynesboro Heritage Museum, and Shenandoah Valley Art Center. The city's natural setting is picturesque, including the hiking trails and George Washington National Forest. A couple of additional sights to add to your agenda are Plumb House Museum and Rockfish Gap Entrance Shenandoah.
As you plan your holiday retreat, you'll find 12 hotels and other lodging accommodations to select from in Waynesboro. Below are highly ranked ones based on Expedia user reviews:
- The Iris Inn Bed & Breakfast - This 4-star bed & breakfast features free breakfast, free WiFi, and free parking. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its breakfast and helpful staff.
- Belle Hearth Bed and Breakfast - Our customers like the breakfast and location at this B&B. With a stay at this 3.5-star bed & breakfast, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and an outdoor pool, along with free WiFi.
- Residence Inn Marriott Waynesboro - With a stay at this 3-star aparthotel, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and an indoor pool, along with an in-room kitchen. Expedia customers love its breakfast and pool.
Top places to visit around the area include Scott Stadium, 20.8 mi/33.4 km from the city center, and Rotunda, which is 21.3 mi (34.2 km) away.
Dressing for Waynesboro
- Between January and March, daytime temperatures average 60°F, while nighttime temperatures stay around 21°F
- From April to June, the average is 85°F during the day and 34°F at night
- July through September sees average temperatures of 85°F during the day and 47°F at night
- In October-December, you can expect 71°F as the daytime average and 23°F as the nighttime average
- Waynesboro gets about 44.41 inches of rain per year
- July and June are usually the hottest months averaging 84°F, while January and February are usually the coldest with an average temperature of 23°F