Book your room at Nomads Capital Backpackers Wellington
Get an overview of this hotel5-star eco-friendly hostel, walk to Civic Square
Located in the heart of Wellington, this eco-friendly hostel is steps from Wellington Town Hall and Civic Square. Cuba Street Mall and Te Papa are also within 10 minutes.
This hostel features a restaurant, a bar/lounge, and WiFi in public areas. Continental breakfast is free. Other amenities include coffee/tea in the lobby, laundry facilities, and a 24-hour front desk.
All rooms are shared and feature WiFi, wired Internet, and showers. Satellite TV and free toiletries are among the other amenities available to guests.Information missing or incorrect? Tell us!Opens in a new window
The hostel offers a restaurant. A bar/lounge is on site where guests can unwind with a drink. Guests can enjoy a complimentary breakfast each morning. High-speed wired and wireless Internet access is available for a surcharge.
This eco-friendly hostel also offers tour/ticket assistance, barbecue grills, and a picnic area. For a surcharge, a roundtrip airport shuttle (available on request) is offered to guests.
Nomads Capital Backpackers Wellington has designated areas for smoking.
- 24-hour front desk
- Airport transportation (surcharge)
- Barbecue grill(s)
- Billiards or pool table
- Coffee/tea in common areas
- Free newspapers in lobby
- Designated smoking areas
- Free breakfast
- Laundry facilities
- Number of buildings/towers - 1
- Number of floors - 3
- Picnic area
- Television in common areas
- Total number of rooms - 48
- Tours/ticket assistance
- Wired (high-speed) Internet access - surcharge
- WiFi (surcharge)
- Year Built 1900
Available in all rooms: Wireless internet access ( 4 NZD per hour ), Wired internet access ( 4 NZD per hour )
Available in some public areas: Wireless internet access ( 4 NZD per hour ), Wired high-speed internet ( 4 NZD per hour )
- Free toiletries
- Daily housekeeping
- Hair dryer (on request)
- Iron/ironing board (on request)
- Private bathroom
- Satellite TV service
- Shared accommodations
- Shower only
- Wired high-speed Internet access (surcharge)
- WiFi (surcharge)
Where to Eat
Guests are offered a complimentary continental breakfast each morning.
Nomads Capital Backpackers Wellington has a restaurant serving dinner only.
Nearby Things to Do
The recreational activities listed below are available either on site or nearby; fees may apply.
- Snorkeling nearby
- Scuba diving nearby
- Golfing nearby
- Surfing/boogie boarding nearby
- Kayaking nearby
- Sailing nearby
- Hiking/biking trails nearby
- Mountain biking nearby
- Scooter/moped rentals nearby
To make requests for specific accessibility needs, complete the “Special or Accessibility Requests" section of “Trip Preferences" when you book your hotel.
- In-room accessibility
- Accessible bathroom
- Roll-in shower
Minimum check-in age is 18
Check-in time starts at 2 PM
Check-out time is 10 AM
Children and extra beds
- Children are welcome.
- Kids stay free! Children under 10 years old stay free when using existing bedding.
You need to know
Extra-person charges may apply and vary depending on hotel policy.
Government-issued photo identification and a credit card or cash deposit are required at check-in for incidental charges.
Special requests are subject to availability upon check-in and may incur additional charges. Special requests cannot be guaranteed.
- No onsite parking is available.
Noise-free rooms not guaranteed
- Breakage deposit: NZD 200 per stay
- Fee for in-room wireless Internet: NZD 4 per hour (rates may vary)
- Fee for in-room high-speed Internet (wired): NZD 4 per hour (rates may vary)
- Fee for wireless Internet in public areas: NZD 4 per hour (rates may vary)
- Fee for high-speed Internet (wired) in public areas: NZD 4 per hour (rates may vary)
- Late check-out fee: NZD 10
- Onsite credit card charges are subject to a surcharge
- Nomads Capital Backpackers
- Nomads Capital Backpackers Hostel
- Nomads Capital Backpackers Hostel Wellington
- Nomads Capital Backpackers Wellington
- Nomads Capital Wellington
- Nomads Wellington
- Nomads Wellington Backpackers
- Wellington Nomads
- Nomads Backpackers Wellington
- Nomads Capital
We should mention
Children 10 years old and younger stay free when occupying the parent or guardian's room, using existing bedding. Only registered guests are allowed in the guestrooms. Some facilities may have restricted access. Guests can contact the property for details using the contact information on the booking confirmation. Alcohol is not permitted at this property.
Awards & Affiliations
Official New Zealand Rating provided by Qualmark®
Qualmark® assigns an official star rating for accommodations in New Zealand. This Backpackers property is rated 5 stars and is displayed on this page as 5.0 stars.