Get an overview of this hotel5-star eco-friendly hostel, walk to Civic Square
Popular property highlights
Located in the heart of Wellington, this eco-friendly hostel is steps from Wellington Town Hall and Civic Square. Cuba Street Mall and Te Papa are also within 10 minutes.
This hostel features a restaurant, a bar/lounge, and WiFi in public areas. Continental breakfast is free. Other amenities include coffee/tea in a common area, laundry facilities, and a 24-hour front desk.
All rooms are shared and feature WiFi, wired Internet, and showers. Satellite TV and free toiletries are among the other amenities available to guests.Information missing or incorrect? Tell us!Opens in a new window
Nomads Capital Backpackers Wellington
The hostel offers a restaurant. A bar/lounge is on site where guests can unwind with a drink. Guests can enjoy a complimentary breakfast each morning. Wired and wireless Internet access is available for a surcharge.
This eco-friendly hostel also offers tour/ticket assistance, barbecue grills, and a picnic area. For a surcharge, a roundtrip airport shuttle (available on request) is offered to guests.
Nomads Capital Backpackers Wellington has designated areas for smoking.
- 24-hour front desk
- Total number of rooms - 48
- Number of floors - 3
- Barbecue grill(s)
- Coffee/tea in common areas
- Free newspapers in lobby
- Free breakfast
- Airport transportation (surcharge)
- Laundry facilities
- Television in common areas
- Designated smoking areas
- Billiards or pool table
- Tours/ticket assistance
- WiFi (surcharge)
- Wired (high-speed) Internet access - surcharge
- Picnic area
- Year Built 1900
- Number of buildings/towers - 1
Available in all rooms: WiFi (surcharge) , Wired high-speed Internet access (surcharge)
Available in some public areas: WiFi (surcharge) , Wired (high-speed) Internet access - surcharge
- Daily housekeeping
- Free toiletries
- Shower only
- Hair dryer (on request)
- Satellite TV service
- Iron/ironing board (on request)
- Shared accommodations
- Private bathroom
- WiFi (surcharge)
- Wired high-speed Internet access (surcharge)
Where to Eat
Guests are offered a complimentary continental breakfast each morning.
Nomads Capital Backpackers Wellington has a restaurant serving dinner only.
Nearby Things to Do
The recreational activities listed below are available either on site or nearby; fees may apply.
- Snorkeling nearby
- Scuba diving nearby
- Golfing nearby
- Kayaking nearby
- Sailing nearby
- Surfing/boogie boarding nearby
- Hiking/biking trails nearby
- Mountain biking nearby
- Scooter/moped rentals nearby
- In-room accessibility
- Accessible bathroom
- Roll-in shower
Minimum check-in age is 18
Check-in time starts at 2 PM
Special check-in instructions:
Check-out time is 10 AM
Children and extra beds
- Children are welcome.
- Kids stay free! Children 10 years old and younger stay free when using existing bedding.
- Pets not allowed
You need to know
Extra-person charges may apply and vary depending on property policy.
- No onsite parking is available.
No rollaway/extra beds available
No cribs (infant beds) available
Noise-free rooms not guaranteed
- Breakage deposit: NZD 200 per stay
- Late check-out fee: NZD 10
- Onsite credit card charges are subject to a surcharge
- Nomads Backpackers Wellington
- Nomads Capital
- Nomads Capital Backpackers
- Nomads Capital Backpackers Hostel
- Nomads Capital Backpackers Hostel Wellington
- Nomads Capital Backpackers Wellington
- Nomads Capital Wellington
- Nomads Wellington
- Nomads Wellington Backpackers
- Wellington Nomads
We should mention
Children 10 years old and younger stay free when occupying the parent or guardian's room, using existing bedding. Only registered guests are allowed in the guestrooms. Some facilities may have restricted access. Guests can contact the property for details using the contact information on the booking confirmation. Alcohol is not permitted at this property.
Awards & Affiliations
Qualmark® assigns an official star rating for accommodations in New Zealand. This Backpackers property is rated 5 stars.