Expedia Verified Reviews
Get an overview of this hotel5-star eco-friendly hostel, walk to Civic Square
Popular property highlights
Located in the heart of Wellington, this eco-friendly hostel is steps from Wellington Central Business District and Civic Square. Cuba Street Mall and Te Papa are also within 10 minutes.
Along with a restaurant, this smoke-free hostel has a bar/lounge and WiFi in public areas. Breakfast is free. Additionally, coffee/tea in a common area, a microwave in a common area, and a refrigerator in a common area are onsite.
All rooms are shared and offer WiFi and showers.Information missing or incorrect? Tell us! Opens in a new window.
Nomads Capital Backpackers Wellington
The hostel offers a restaurant. A bar/lounge is on site where guests can unwind with a drink. Guests can enjoy a complimentary breakfast each morning. Public areas are equipped with wireless Internet access (surcharge).
This eco-friendly hostel also offers tour/ticket assistance, barbecue grills, and a picnic area.
Nomads Capital Backpackers Wellington is a smoke-free property.
- Barbecue grill(s)
- Picnic area
- Limited WiFi (surcharge) device count 1
- Luggage storage
- Coffee/tea in common areas
- Shared microwave
- Shared refrigerator
- Designated smoking areas
- 24-hour front desk
- Free breakfast
- Laundry facilities
- Billiards or pool table
- Tours/ticket assistance
- Year Built 1900
- Total number of rooms - 48
- Television in common areas
- Number of floors - 3
- WiFi (surcharge)
- Number of buildings/towers - 1
- Smoke-free property
- Free newspapers in lobby
Available in all rooms: Wireless internet access ( NZD 4 per 24-hour period )
Available in some public areas: Wireless internet access ( NZD 4 per 24-hour period )
- Daily housekeeping
- Free toiletries
- Shower only
- Hair dryer (on request)
- Iron/ironing board (on request)
- Shared accommodations
- Number of bathrooms -
- Private bathroom
- WiFi (surcharge)
Where to Eat
Guests are offered a complimentary breakfast each morning.
Nomads Capital Backpackers Wellington has a restaurant serving dinner only.
Nearby Things to Do
The recreational activities listed below are available either on site or nearby; fees may apply.
- Golfing nearby
- Snorkeling nearby
- Surfing/boogie boarding nearby
- Mountain biking nearby
- Hiking/biking trails nearby
- Kayaking nearby
- Sailing nearby
- Scuba diving nearby
- Scooter/moped rentals nearby
If you have requests for specific accessibility needs, please note them at check-out when you book your room.
- Accessible bathroom
- Roll-in shower
- In-room accessibility
Check-in time ends at 6 AM
Check-in time starts at 2 PM
Minimum check-in age is 18
Check-out time is 10 AM
Children and extra beds
- Children are welcome.
- Kids stay free! Children 10 years old and younger stay free when using existing bedding.
- Rollaway/extra beds are not available.
- Cribs (infant beds) are not available.
- Pets not allowed
You need to know
Extra-person charges may apply and vary depending on property policy.
- No onsite parking is available.
- Breakage deposit: NZD 200 per stay
- Fee for in-room wireless Internet: NZD 4 per 24-hour period (rates may vary)
- Fee for wireless Internet in public areas: NZD 4 per 24-hour period (1-device limit, rates may vary)
- Late check-out fee: NZD 10
- Onsite credit card charges are subject to a surcharge
- Nomads Backpackers Wellington
- Nomads Capital
- Nomads Capital Backpackers
- Nomads Capital Backpackers Hostel
- Nomads Capital Backpackers Hostel Wellington
- Nomads Capital Backpackers Wellington
- Nomads Capital Wellington
- Nomads Wellington
- Nomads Wellington Backpackers
- Wellington Nomads
- Nomads Capital Backpackers Wellington Hostel
We should mention
Children 10 years old and younger stay free when occupying the parent or guardian's room, using existing bedding. Only registered guests are allowed in the guestrooms. Some facilities may have restricted access. Guests can contact the property for details using the contact information on the booking confirmation. Alcohol is not permitted at this property.
Awards & Affiliations
Qualmark® assigns an official star rating for accommodations in New Zealand. This Backpacker property is rated 5 stars.