History buffs enjoy visiting Wernigerode though all visitors are sure to find something to appreciate. Tourists can also enjoy the city's mountain views, museums, and art.
- There are 70 hotels and other accommodations in Wernigerode
- The closest major airport is in Hecklingen (CSO-Magdeburg - Cochstedt), 29.1 mi (46.8 km) from the city center
Sightseeing and Staying in Wernigerode
The city is notable for its historic sites and landmarks such as Wernigerode Castle. The picturesque setting of Buergerpark and Brocken exemplify the city's natural beauty. A couple of additional sights to add to your agenda are Museum of Aviation and Technology and Wernigerode Town Hall.
In Wernigerode, there are 70 hotels and other lodging options so you'll have ample places to choose from for your holiday getaway. Below are highly ranked ones based on our user reviews:
- Travel Charme Gothisches Haus - This 4.5-star hotel features a full-service spa, 2 restaurants, and free breakfast. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its breakfast and comfortable, quiet rooms.
- Ringhotel Weißer Hirsch - This 4-star hotel features free breakfast, a restaurant, and free WiFi.
- Designpension Idyll Nr. 2 - With a stay at this 3.5-star guesthouse, guests can enjoy access to free parking and a sauna, along with free WiFi.
Getting Around Wernigerode
To see more of the surrounding area, hop aboard a train at Wernigerode Elmowerk Station or Wernigerode Station. Wernigerode might not have very many public transit choices so consider renting a car to explore more.
Dressing for Wernigerode
- Between January and March, daytime temperatures average 54°F, while nighttime temperatures stay around 31°F
- From April to June, the average is 76°F during the day and 38°F at night
- July through September sees average temperatures of 79°F during the day and 43°F at night
- In October-December, you can expect 59°F as the daytime average and 33°F as the nighttime average
- Wernigerode gets about 19.72 inches of rain per year
- July and August are usually the hottest months averaging 76°F, while February and January are usually the coldest with an average temperature of 32°F