Budget-minded travelers will find good deals in Weslaco, and many visitors are sure to appreciate the shopping and restaurants. Tourists can also enjoy the city's cafés, cathedral, and entertainment choices. Top sights around the area include Santa Ana National Wildlife Refuge, Museum of South Texas History, and International Museum of Art and Science.
- You'll find 102 Expedia hotels and other accommodations in the larger area of McAllen
- The closest major airport is in McAllen, TX (MFE-Miller Intl.), 15.5 mi (25 km) from the city center
- The next closest is in Reynosa, Tamaulipas (REX-General Lucio Blanco Intl.), 17.8 mi (28.6 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Weslaco
Favorite places to visit in the city include Valley Nature Center, Frontera Audubon Society, and Tierra Santa Golf Club. In the area, you'll also find Santa Ana National Wildlife Refuge and Museum of South Texas History.
As you plan your holiday retreat, you'll find 11 hotels and other lodging options available to pick from in Weslaco. Here you'll find top ones based on our user reviews:
- Motel 6 Weslaco TX - With a stay at this 2-star motel, guests can enjoy access to an outdoor pool and free parking, along with free WiFi. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its helpful staff and clean, comfortable rooms.
- Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Weslaco - Our customers like the breakfast and central location at this hotel. With a stay at this 2.5-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and an outdoor pool, along with free WiFi.
- Best Western Town Center Inn - This 2.5-star hotel features free breakfast, an outdoor pool, and free WiFi. Expedia customers like its central location and WiFi.
Popular places to visit in the area include International Museum of Art and Science, located 16.2 mi (26.1 km) from the heart of the city, and McAllen Botanical Gardens, which is 17.5 mi/28.2 km away.
Dressing for Weslaco
- Between January and March, daytime temperatures average 83°F, while nighttime temperatures stay around 48°F
- From April to June, the average is 95°F during the day and 62°F at night
- July through September sees average temperatures of 97°F during the day and 69°F at night
- In October-December, you can expect 89°F as the daytime average and 48°F as the nighttime average
- About 24.88 inches of rain falls on Weslaco each year
- August and July are usually the hottest months averaging 96°F, while January and December are usually the coldest with an average temperature of 50°F