Visiting West Drayton
Families will find kid-friendly activities in West Drayton, and visitors give high marks for the top-notch restaurants, lively bar scene, and shopping. Welcoming and relaxing, this city also attracts tourists with its cafés. Top sights around the area include Windsor Castle, Legoland, and Wembley Stadium.
- You'll find 6643 Expedia hotels and other accommodations in the larger area of London
- The closest major airport is in London (LHR-Heathrow), 2 mi (3.3 km) from the city center
- The next closest is in London (LCY-London City), 22.4 mi (36.1 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in West Drayton
Notable places to visit in the larger region include Windsor Castle, Legoland, and Wembley Stadium. In the area, you'll also find The Lightbox and Natural History Museum.
As you plan your holiday retreat, you'll find 29 hotels and other lodging accommodations to pick from in West Drayton. Below are top ones based on Expedia user reviews:
- Sofitel London Heathrow - This 5-star hotel in Hillingdon features a full-service spa, 2 restaurants, and a health club. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its family-friendly amenities and central location.
- Harmondsworth Hall Guest House - Our customers like the convenient parking and clean, quiet rooms at this guesthouse. Guests who stay at this 3-star guesthouse in Hillingdon can enjoy access to free breakfast and free parking, along with free WiFi.
- Hyatt Place London Heathrow Airport - Guests who stay at this 4-star hotel in Hillingdon can enjoy access to a restaurant and a fitness center, along with free WiFi. Expedia customers like its family-friendly amenities and proximity to the airport.
Top places to visit in the area include Buckingham Palace, 14.3 mi/23 km from the city center, and Big Ben, which is 14.9 mi/23.9 km away.
Getting Around West Drayton
To see more of the larger area, ride aboard one of the trains from West Drayton Station. West Drayton might not have many public transportation choices so consider renting a car to explore more.
Dressing for West Drayton
- Between January and March, daytime temperatures average 53°F, while nighttime temperatures stay around 36°F
- From April to June, the average is 69°F during the day and 40°F at night
- July through September sees average temperatures of 71°F during the day and 49°F at night
- In October-December, you can expect 61°F as the daytime average and 37°F as the nighttime average
- West Drayton gets about 23.11 inches of rain per year
- July and August are usually the hottest months averaging 70°F, while January and February are usually the coldest with an average temperature of 36°F