Visiting West Lakes
Visitors give high marks for the top-notch restaurants in West Lakes, which is also known for its lakeside setting and shopping. Welcoming and relaxing, this city also attracts tourists with its spas. Around the area, top sights include AAMI Stadium, Adelaide Oval, and Adelaide Festival Centre.
- You'll find 469 Expedia hotels and other accommodations in the larger area of Adelaide
- The closest major airport is in Adelaide, SA (ADL), 4.9 mi (7.9 km) from the city center
Sightseeing and Staying in West Lakes
The city is well liked for its places to shop, and Westfield West Lakes is a favorite for retail therapy. Additionally, you might want to add AAMI Stadium to your agenda.
This is a top accommodation based on Expedia user reviews:
- The Lakes Resort Hotel - This 4.5-star hotel features 2 restaurants, free breakfast, and an indoor pool. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its dining options and bar.
Popular places to see in the area include Adelaide Oval, 6.4 mi/10.3 km from the heart of the city, and Adelaide Festival Centre, which is 6.5 mi/10.5 km away.
Dressing for West Lakes
- Between January and March, you can expect average temperatures of 86°F during the day and 56°F at night
- From April to June, the average during the day is 76°F, while the average at night is 46°F
- July through September has daytime averages of 69°F with nighttime averages of 45°F
- In October-December, you can expect daytime averages of 84°F and nighttime averages of 49°F
- Average annual rainfall for West Lakes is 21.02 inches
- Usually January and February are the hottest months with an average of 85°F, whereas July and August are often coldest, averaging 46°F