Visiting West Launceston
Visitors can enjoy all that West Launceston has to offer including the restaurants, shopping, and parks. This city also attracts tourists with its welcoming locals.
- You'll find 109 Expedia hotels and other accommodations in the larger area of Launceston
- The closest major airport is in Launceston, TAS (LST), 7.5 mi (12.1 km) from the city center
Sightseeing and Staying in West Launceston
A favorite place to visit in the city is Cataract Gorge. In the area, you'll also find Penny Royal Adventures and Launceston College.
As you plan your vacation, you'll find 7 hotels and other lodging options available to pick from in West Launceston. These are top ones based on our user reviews:
- Topiary Haven - Amenities in this 4.5-star apartment include a kitchen, free WiFi, and a balcony. Expedia travelers love its breakfast and quiet location.
- The Dragonfly Inn - Our customers like the overall value and quiet location at this B&B. This 3.5-star bed & breakfast in Launceston CBD features free parking, a library, and laundry facilities.
Dressing for West Launceston
- Between January and March, you can expect the daytime average to be around 74°F and the nighttime average to be 46°F
- From April to June, temperatures average about 66°F during the day and 37°F at night
- July through September averages 59°F during the day and 36°F at night
- In October-December, the average temperature is 72°F during the day and 41°F at night
- Average annual rainfall for West Launceston is 27.09 inches
- Hottest months are usually February and January with an average temperature of 73°F, while the coldest months are July and June with an average of 37°F