Visiting West Melbourne
Budget-minded travelers will find good deals in West Melbourne, and visitors give high marks for the shopping. Welcoming and walkable, this city attracts tourists with its restaurants and cafés. Top sights around the area include Melbourne Cricket Ground, St. Kilda Beach, and Etihad Stadium.
- You'll find 1715 Expedia hotels and other accommodations in the larger area of Melbourne
- The closest major airport is in Melbourne, VIC (MEB-Essendon), 5.9 mi (9.4 km) from the city center
- The next closest is in Melbourne, VIC (MEL-Tullamarine), 10.5 mi (16.9 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in West Melbourne
A couple of favorite places to visit are Festival Hall and Flagstaff Gardens. Additionally, in the area you'll find Melbourne Cricket Ground and St. Kilda Beach.
As you plan your holiday retreat, you'll find 12 hotels and other lodging options available to select from in West Melbourne. Here you'll find top ones based on our user reviews:
- Spencer Street Apartments - This 3.5-star apartment in Melbourne Central Business District features an indoor pool, free WiFi, and a fitness center. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its proximity to public transit and clean rooms.
- Miami Hotel Melbourne - Our customers like the overall value and central location at this motel. This 3.5-star motel features free WiFi, a café, and parking.
- Nate's Place Backpackers Melbourne - This 2-star hostel in Melbourne Central Business District features free breakfast, free WiFi, and a rooftop terrace. Expedia customers like its breakfast and helpful staff.
Popular places to visit in the area include Etihad Stadium, located 1.4 mi (2.2 km) from the heart of the city, and Flemington Racecourse, which is 1.8 mi (2.8 km) away.
Getting Around West Melbourne
Head over to North Melbourne Station for metro transit. If you'd like to venture out around the area, you may want a rental car for your journey.
Dressing for West Melbourne
- Between January and March, daytime temperatures average 80°F, while nighttime temperatures stay around 50°F
- From April to June, the average is 68°F during the day and 41°F at night
- July through September sees average temperatures of 64°F during the day and 41°F at night
- In October-December, you can expect 75°F as the daytime average and 45°F as the nighttime average
- About 0.47 inches of rain falls on West Melbourne each year
- February and January are usually the hottest months averaging 78°F, while July and June are usually the coldest with an average temperature of 41°F