Travelers to Westerly give high marks for the beaches and top-notch restaurants. This city also attracts tourists with its bars. A top sight in the area is Mystic Seaport - The Museum of America and the Sea.
- There are 53 hotels and other accommodations in Westerly
- The closest major airport is in Westerly, RI (WST-Westerly State), 0.6 mi (0.9 km) from the city center
- The next closest is in New London, CT (GON-Groton - New London), 13 mi (20.9 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Westerly
The city's natural setting is picturesque, including the beaches and these places to visit: Misquamicut State Beach, Wilcox Park, and East Beach Watch Hill. A couple of additional sights to add to your agenda are Babcock-Smith House and Atlantic Beach Park.
In Westerly, you'll be able to select from 53 hotels and other lodging options so you'll have ample places to choose from for a perfect vacation. Here are top ranked ones based on Expedia user reviews:
- The Hotel Maria - This 3-star hotel features free breakfast, a restaurant, and free WiFi.
- The Villa Bed & Breakfast - Our customers like the breakfast and helpful staff at this B&B. With a stay at this 4-star bed & breakfast, guests can enjoy access to a casino and free breakfast, along with a private spa tub.
- Breezeway Resort - This 2.5-star motel features free breakfast, an outdoor pool, and free WiFi. Expedia customers like its family-friendly amenities and pool.
One of the popular sights in the surrounding area is Mystic Seaport - The Museum of America and the Sea, 8.6 mi/13.9 km from the center of the city.
Getting Around Westerly
If you want to venture outside of the area, hop on a train at Westerly Station. Westerly may not have many public transit options to choose from so consider renting a car to explore more.
Dressing for Westerly
- Between January and March, daytime temperatures average 49°F, while nighttime temperatures stay around 20°F
- From April to June, the average is 78°F during the day and 33°F at night
- July through September sees average temperatures of 80°F during the day and 48°F at night
- In October-December, you can expect 67°F as the daytime average and 22°F as the nighttime average
- Average annual rainfall for Westerly is 47.40 inches
- July and August are usually the hottest months averaging 78°F, while January and February are usually the coldest with an average temperature of 23°F