Avoid - deeply disappointing and poor.
Posted Oct 4, 2016 on Hotels
Really disappointing. Initially the room looked lovely, a page out of any good catalogue but then:
1. TV didn't work- we had to ask 3 times in 2 hours for someone to pay attention
2. Room was not cleaned - there was sand on the floor and in the freshly made bed - not sure how this was achieved
3. Wrong time given for our tour, which resulted in us rushing out the hotel with breakfast in our mouths (and we only got breakfast because of the great waitress who rushed our order)
4. Fridge generator would go off several times an hour throughout the night, ensuring there was no chance of a good night's sleep
5. No help with bags - a very half hearted offer was made by the woman (from a distance!) who greeted us - she made no move to help or get help - over our 2 day stay, it seemed we were the only guests to be treated this way.
6. Cold room.
We raised the concerns with the same woman, who again gave a half-hearted single apology. The refrigerator issue appeared to be no surprise. Her whole manner was really poor, no effort to address, properly apologise or anything - she avoid eye contact. She comped the laundry more because she couldn't find the paperwork, vs a goodwill gesture. We had a bottle of wine which she charged for, at 105 ZAR this would have been the better gesture. She really spoiled the stay. I'm finding it hard to believe this is 5 star, it simply was not up to scratch and was the only bad stay we had in SA. Avoid this place, it was such a disappointment.