Posted Sep 26, 2016
I stayed at the HOJO and got eaten alive by bed bugs. Despite ample evidence (photos, doctor's note, steroid prescriptions) that I was attacked while sleeping, management was unimpressed and unwilling to compensate me for my inconvenience and severe discomfort (think the most awful poison ivy ever). In fact, after their investigation (not a trained professional would be my guess), they booked the room the next day. Read the other reviews of this hotel; you will find similar experiences -- getting bitten by bed bugs and an unwillingness to take responsibility. My advice to the hotel: treat the entire hotel by a professional exterminator. The bugs are migratory; while they may not have been in my room the next day when the , they certainly went somewhere.
Also, the air quality in that hotel is awful (again, a similar theme expressed by other reviewers). My "non-smoking room" seems like it just came out of smoking room retirement the day before.
I wish I read the reviews before I booked. Don't get lured in by the inexpensive room rates. I've learned my lesson.