Great stay for the big-size family
Posted Sep 19, 2016
We booked a 2-bedroom unit because we visited Whistler with another couple. The capability/price value of the unit is very high. The hotel itself is old, but well-maintained.
The pros are:
(1) We don't have to share the bathroom because there are two already;
(2) The full kitchen allows us to cook the breakfast;
(3) This resort located 5-minute away from the gondola station by walking, and we can park in the garage even after we checked out.
(4) Parking fee is reasonable (CA$18/night) comparing to other hotels in the village (~CA$20/night).
The cons are:
(1) The garages are detached from the main building, and there is no tunnel connecting the garage and the main building. This is inconvenient in the raining or snowing days.
(2) Same as the swimming pool and spa which are detached from the main building.
(3) The username for the Wi-Fi is very long!
(4) No restaurant on site. No breakfast provided.
(5) The baby crib we got from the hotel was actually a baby playing bed. It is too closed to the ground and the mat is not thick enough. We have to put one blanket on top of the mat.
Overall, we still have a very good stay. We didn't get a late-checkout this time, but the staff in the front desk show us how to get to the gondola station by walking, and we are allowed to park our car in the garage after check out (CA$8 value in parking and priceless in time saving) for our gondola visit.