Visiting Wiang Chai
Visitors are sure to enjoy all that Wiang Chai has to offer. Around the area, top sights include Wat Rong Khun, Wat Pra Singh, and Wat Phra Kaew.
- There are 4 hotels and other accommodations in Wiang Chai
- The closest major airport is in Chiang Rai (CEI-Chiang Rai Intl.), 9.5 mi (15.3 km) from the city center
Sightseeing and Staying in Wiang Chai
Notable places to visit in the larger region include Wat Rong Khun, Wat Pra Singh, and Wat Phra Kaew. In the area, you'll also find Central Plaza Chiangrai and King Meng Rai the Great Monument.
As you plan your vacation to Wiang Chai, your ideal accommodation may not be centrally located but you'll find 22 hotels and other lodging options within the local area. Here are places to stay within 5 miles of the city center.
- Museflower Retreat & Spa is located 4 mi (6.4 km) from the city center. This 3-star hotel in Wiang Chai features a full-service spa, free breakfast, and a restaurant.
- Happy City Golf & Resort is located within 2.5 mi (4.1 km) of the city center. Guests who stay at this 3-star hotel in Wiang Chai can enjoy access to a golf course and a restaurant, along with an in-room kitchenette.
Dressing for Wiang Chai
- Between January and March, you can expect the daytime average to be around 95°F and the nighttime average to be 54°F
- From April to June, temperatures average about 96°F during the day and 66°F at night
- July through September averages 89°F during the day and 71°F at night
- In October-December, the average temperature is 87°F during the day and 53°F at night
- About 2.36 inches of rain falls on Wiang Chai each year
- Hottest months are usually April and March with an average temperature of 94°F, while the coldest months are December and January with an average of 55°F