Visitors to Widnes are sure to enjoy the bars. Tourists can also enjoy so much more including its cafés. Liverpool ONE, Chester Zoo, and Vue Cinema are some of the top sights around the area.
- You'll find 409 Expedia hotels and other accommodations in the larger area of Liverpool
- The closest major airport is in Liverpool (LPL-John Lennon), 5.3 mi (8.5 km) from the city center
- The next closest is in Manchester (MAN), 19.1 mi (30.7 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Widnes
Notable places to visit in the larger region include Liverpool ONE, Chester Zoo, and Vue Cinema. In the area, you'll also find Norton Priory Museum and Paul McCartney's childhood home.
As you plan your vacation, you'll find 6 hotels and other lodging accommodations to pick from in Widnes. These are highly ranked ones based on Expedia user reviews:
- Best Western Widnes Halton Everglades Park Hotel - With a stay at this 3-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to a restaurant and free parking, along with free WiFi. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its dining options and convenient parking.
- The Hillcrest Hotel - Our customers like the dining options and overall value at this hotel. With a stay at this 3-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to a restaurant and free parking, along with free WiFi.
- The Main Top Hotel - Amenities in this 2.5-star guestroom include free WiFi and digital TV. Expedia customers like its bar and overall value.
Outside the city, top places to visit include Croxteth Hall and Country Park, 8.5 mi/13.6 km from the city center, and Anfield Road Stadium, which is 10.5 mi (16.9 km) away.
Getting Around Widnes
To explore the surrounding area, ride one of the trains from Widnes Station or Hough Green Station. Widnes might not have very many public transit options so consider renting a car to explore more.
Dressing for Widnes
- Between January and March, you can expect the daytime average to be around 50°F and the nighttime average to be 36°F
- From April to June, temperatures average about 65°F during the day and 40°F at night
- July through September averages 66°F during the day and 48°F at night
- In October-December, the average temperature is 58°F during the day and 36°F at night
- About 1.22 inches of rain falls on Widnes each year
- Hottest months are usually July and August with an average temperature of 65°F, while the coldest months are January and February with an average of 36°F