Willow Creek Inn (with wi-fi) - Just minutes off Parks Hwy. Hatcher Pass State Recreational Area. The road over Hatcher Pass opens at beginning of July & closes in October..
* Come, get away from it all on this unique river-front property ! Known for excellent Rainbow/ Steelhead trout fishing. Willow Creek Inn is located in the foothills of the Talkeetna Mountains in the beautiful Susitna Valley with many outdoor opportunities available close by.
* The property is 27 acres of boreal forest with private river-front. Built with vaulted ceilings, oak floors, large screened windows throughout & beautifully furnished, sided on exterior with cedar. House sits up over the river with a beautiful view of the winding rapids. There's a long set of stairs, a trail & a short set of stairs to river's edge. There is a rocky/sandy area on the shore where guests like to sit by the river and enjoy the sounds of the rushing water. We keep outdoor chairs by the river.
* Willow Creek has several species of trout; rainbow, steelhead and arctic grayling. The river in front of the rental is spawning ground for silver and king salmon. Animals natural to this area are river otter, lynx, moose, brown bear and black bear. You will often see bald eagles flying up and down the river.
*Fish for salmon as close as the confluence of Willow & Deception Creeks 3 miles downstream from the rental. Many streams crossing the Parks Hwy nearby are popular fishing spots.
* Hatcher Pass State Park & the Nancy Lake State Recreation Area offer many hiking trails. Bring your camera! The road over Hatcher Pass usually opens by July 4, sometimes earlier.
* The town of Willow is centrally located to many popular & scenic places to visit such as Hatcher Pass State Park, Independence Historic Mine, Nancy Lake State Recreation Park, Matanuska Glacier, Denali National Park. Willow is surrounded by the Talkeetna Mountains to the east & the Alaska Range to the west & north and has many lakes & rivers. The re-start of the world famous Iditarod Trail Sled-Dog Race is just 7 miles from the rental on Willow Lake.
*In winter months you might view Northern Lights. Winter renters enjoy cross country skiing, snow shoeing & snow-machining. The trail leading into Hatcher Pass is minutes away.
*Towns to the south of Willow are Houston, Big Lake, Meadow Lakes, Wasilla and Palmer. To the north are towns of Talkeetna, Sunshine, Trapper Creek & Denali.
* The house has 2 bedrooms with queen beds, lazy boy sleeper sofa. All linens are provided. When needing sofa sleeper, let us know at booking or bedding will not be left out.
*The kitchen is well stocked with all the necessary dishes, pots, pans, etc. to cook & serve your meals. This is a full kitchen, with side by side refrigerator- freezer, stove - oven, microwave, dishwasher & various small appliances. Items such as coffee/filters, spices, s&p, are kept in the kitchen. Items such as toilet paper(2rolls), paper towels(1roll) & trash bags are provided for your stay. Liquid dish soap as well as dishwasher tablets are provided.
*Bathroom/bedrooms are well stocked with all bath linens. We keep shampoo, body wash & liquid hand soap in the bathroom for your convenience.
*This home has a washer/dryer. There is no charge for the use of washer & dryer.
* People from every state and around the world have stayed here and enjoyed the peacefulness of this river front property and absolutely love it!
*Keys are provided at check in.
Owners live on property in a separate house. The rental and owner’s house have separate driveways.
Keywords: House on river, private, 27 acres, wooded,