Visiting Wilmington Island
Visitors to Wilmington Island are sure to enjoy the beaches. Tourists can also enjoy the city's seafood restaurants and golf courses. Forsyth Park, River Street, and Coligny Beach are some of the top sights around the area.
- There are 9 hotels and other accommodations in Wilmington Island
- The closest major airport is in Savannah, GA (SAV-Savannah - Hilton Head Intl.), 16.4 mi (26.5 km) from the city center
- The next closest is in Hilton Head Island, SC (HHH), 22.4 mi (36.1 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Wilmington Island
A favorite place to visit in the city is Wilmington Island Club. Additionally, in the area you'll find Forsyth Park and River Street.
As you make plans for a getaway to Wilmington Island, the best accommodation may not be centrally located but you'll find 1225 hotels and other lodging options within the local area. Below are places to stay in the area:
- Best Of Both Worlds ~~tybee Island~historic Savannah is 1.7 mi (2.7 km) from the center of Wilmington Island. This 4-star resort in Hilton Head Island features 3 outdoor pools, a full-service spa, and 3 restaurants. Our customers like its family-friendly amenities and proximity to shopping.
- Sleeping 4 on the Water is located 1.3 mi (2.1 km) from the heart of Wilmington Island. This 2.5-star hotel in Tybee Island features 2 outdoor pools, free WiFi, and a poolside bar. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its dining options and central location.
- Beach House on the Marsh W/private hot tub is 1.8 mi (2.9 km) from central Wilmington Island. This 4-star hotel in Savannah features a restaurant, an indoor pool, and free WiFi. Our customers like its family-friendly amenities and quiet location.
Top places to see in the area include Coligny Beach, 16.3 mi/26.3 km from the heart of the city, and Tybee Island Beach, which is 7.9 mi/12.7 km away.