Travelers to Windsor give high marks for the casinos, riverfront, and top-notch restaurants. Vibrant and scenic, this city attracts tourists with its live music and bars. Top sights in the city include Detroit Windsor Tunnel, Point Pelee National Park, and Lake Erie.
- There are 60 hotels and other accommodations in Windsor
- The closest major airport is in Windsor, ON (YQG), 4.9 mi (7.9 km) from the city center
- The next closest is in Detroit, MI (DET-Coleman A. Young Municipal), 6.6 mi (10.7 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Windsor
Well-known for its live music scene, the city's cultural venues include Chrysler Theatre, Art Gallery of Windsor, and Leamington Arts Centre. The city is notable for landmarks like Detroit Windsor Tunnel, St. Clair College, and Fort Malden National Historic Site. The city's natural setting is picturesque, including the riverfront and these places to visit: Point Pelee National Park, Lake Erie, and Lake Saint Clair.
In Windsor, you'll find 60 hotels and other lodging options so you'll have ample places to choose from for a perfect holiday retreat. These are top ones based on our user reviews:
- Omstead's On Erie - This 3.5-star bed & breakfast features a private beach, free breakfast, and free WiFi. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its breakfast and clean, comfortable rooms.
- Point Pelee Lakeshore B&B - Our customers like the breakfast and beach locale at this B&B. With a stay at this 3-star bed & breakfast, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and free parking, along with free WiFi.
- TownePlace Suites by Marriott Windsor - This 2.5-star hotel features free breakfast, free WiFi, and a fitness center. Expedia customers like its family-friendly amenities and central location.
Top places to see in the area include GM Renaissance Center, located 1 mi (1.5 km) from the city center, and Cobo Center, which is 1 mi/1.5 km away.
Getting Around Windsor
To venture out into the surrounding area, ride aboard one of the trains from Windsor Station. Windsor might not have many public transit options so consider renting a car to explore more.
Dressing for Windsor
- Between January and March, daytime temperatures average 49°F, while nighttime temperatures stay around 18°F
- From April to June, the average is 80°F during the day and 33°F at night
- July through September sees average temperatures of 82°F during the day and 49°F at night
- In October-December, you can expect 67°F as the daytime average and 20°F as the nighttime average
- Average annual rainfall for Windsor is 1.14 inches
- July and August are usually the hottest months averaging 80°F, while January and February are usually the coldest with an average temperature of 20°F