Very dissatisfied, many problems
Posted Dec 13, 2016
The first impression was great but the sleep was unacceptably bad. The incident mentioned below also never happened to us ever at any other hotel!
1) we had normal heat on and by about 3am we woke up because the room got too congested and unbreathable. We tried opening the window, but it wouldn't open.
2) after calling for help, getting appropriately dressed so that a staff can come into our room at 3am to open a window, which even he could not get opened, so the only way we could have air was to turn on the a/c to get air.
A/c in Winnipeg in winter is crazy stupid!
3) we had to manually switch between heat and a/c all night so that we could get enough air but not freeze to death. The only other choice would be to keep the hotel door open all night, but who would want to do that?
3) the blanket was way too rough and heavy, we couldn't use it. The bed and pillow and bathroom towels were not good hotel grade, did not offer good basic comfort.
4) the swimming pool is location in a very inconvenient closed off area where you have to walk a mini-maze in your swimsuit to get to the changing room then to the pool. We heard many people complaining of the maze saying the same thing we were all thinking.
5) we dine in at the chop restaurant. We ordered food and the server was not very good until we began ordering drinks (and the bill started totaling to something significant). The food and drinks were good.