Visiting Winter Haven
Families will find kid-friendly activities in Winter Haven, and visitors give high marks for the lakeside setting and top-notch restaurants. This city also attracts tourists with its gardens, baseball games, and entertainment choices. Top sights in the city include Chain of Lakes Park and Legoland Florida.
- You'll find 577 Expedia hotels and other accommodations in the larger area of Lakeland - Winter Haven
- The closest major airport is in Kissimmee, FL (ISM-Kissimmee Gateway), 25.9 mi (41.8 km) from the city center
- The next closest is in Tampa, FL (TPA-Tampa Intl.), 49.1 mi (79.1 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Winter Haven
Favorite family attractions include Legoland Florida and Indigo's Family Fun Center. The city's lakeside and gardens provide a picturesque setting and places to visit include The Circle B Bar Reserve. While baseball fans may already be searching for tickets, everyone can enjoy a game or event at Chain of Lakes Park.
As you plan your holiday retreat, you'll find 31 hotels and other lodging accommodations to select from in Winter Haven. These are highly ranked ones based on our user reviews:
- Holiday Inn Winter Haven - With a stay at this 3-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to a restaurant and an outdoor pool, along with free WiFi. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its convenient parking and room size.
- Hampton Inn Winter Haven - Our customers like the pool and clean, comfortable rooms at this hotel. This 2.5-star hotel features free breakfast, an outdoor pool, and free WiFi.
- Budget Inn Winter Haven - This 2-star motel features free WiFi, free parking, and laundry facilities. Expedia customers like its convenient parking and helpful staff.
Top places to see around the area include Polk Museum of Art, located 13.3 mi (21.4 km) from the city center, and Publix Field at Joker Marchant Stadium, which is 13.9 mi/22.4 km away.
Getting Around Winter Haven
To venture out into the surrounding area, hop aboard a train at Winter Haven Station. Winter Haven might not have very many public transit options so consider renting a car to explore more.
Dressing for Winter Haven
- Between January and March, daytime temperatures average 81°F, while nighttime temperatures stay around 51°F
- From April to June, the average is 92°F during the day and 60°F at night
- July through September sees average temperatures of 93°F during the day and 71°F at night
- In October-December, you can expect 88°F as the daytime average and 51°F as the nighttime average
- Winter Haven gets about 51.18 inches of rain per year
- August and July are usually the hottest months averaging 92°F, while January and December are usually the coldest with an average temperature of 53°F