Visitors can enjoy all that Winterset has to offer including the shopping, restaurants, and bars. This city also attracts tourists with its welcoming and quaint setting. Top sights in the area include Science Center of Iowa, Greater Des Moines Botanical Garden, and Iowa State Capitol Building.
- You'll find 147 Expedia hotels and other accommodations in the larger area of Des Moines
- The closest major airport is in Des Moines, IA (DSM-Des Moines Intl.), 25.4 mi (40.9 km) from the city center
Sightseeing and Staying in Winterset
Favorite places to visit in the city include Madison County Courthouse, John Wayne Birthplace Museum, and Pammel Park. A couple of additional sights to add to your agenda are The Winterset Stage and Clark Tower.
This is a top accommodation based on Expedia user reviews:
- Covered Bridge Inn - With a stay at this 2.5-star motel, guests can enjoy access to free parking and a snack bar/deli, along with free WiFi. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its helpful staff and comfortable rooms.
Dressing for Winterset
- Between January and March, you can expect average temperatures of 56°F during the day and 14°F at night
- From April to June, the average during the day is 85°F, while the average at night is 35°F
- July through September has daytime averages of 86°F with nighttime averages of 49°F
- In October-December, you can expect daytime averages of 69°F and nighttime averages of 15°F
- Winterset gets about 35.98 inches of rain per year
- Usually July and August are the hottest months with an average of 84°F, whereas January and February are often coldest, averaging 17°F