STAYED HERE TWICE. MADE A MISTAKE COMING BACK
Posted Jul 23, 2015
We are from Illinois and our daughter and grandaughters live near Wytheville, so we have stayed at almost all of the hotels and motels in the area. This is definately one to avoid. We stopped here in May on our way out to a vacation in the Outer Banks in North Carolina. We got in late and did littlle more than check in, asleep and leave the next morning. My general impressionthen was the motel was not good but not terrible.
This time, we were coming out for the weekend last week. My preference was to go to the Holidy Inn Express, which is one of, if not the best, chain motel in Wytheville, but the rate on the day I checked was really high and since it was summer, I thought our grankids might enjoy swimming in the outdoor pool, so I bothis motel.
Here's what we found checking in Friday night.
1) the toilet had a pronuonced smell of sewer gas coming out of it whcih hit you when you got in the front door of the room.
2) the mini fridge was so noisy at times, I actuall woke up in the middle of the night and asked my wife if that was the fire alarm going off in the hallway.
As for the pool, it was an outdoor pool, except that it had exceptionally green water. Although the place was mostly full the two days we were there, I only saw one family used the pool in the whole time and I quickly
lost any idea of asking out daughter to bring the grandkids to swim. I assume the vast majority of the fellow motel occupants made the same decision. to keep away.