Visitors can enjoy all that Xalapa has to offer including the museums, parks, and coffeehouses. Tourists can also enjoy the city's monuments, university setting, and art. Top sights in the city include Juarez Park and Cofre de Perote National Park.
- There are 86 hotels and other accommodations in Xalapa
- The closest major airport is in Xalapa, Veracruz (JAL-El Lencero), 9.3 mi (15 km) from the city center
- The next closest is in Veracruz, Veracruz (VER-General Heriberto Jara Intl.), 55.1 mi (88.7 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Xalapa
Cultural venues in the city include State Theatre, Xalapa Museum of Anthropology (MAX), and Interactive Museum of Xalapa (MIX). The city is notable for landmarks like Xalapa Cathedral, Paseo de los Lagos Park, and Church of Guadaloupe. The city's natural beauty is on display at Juarez Park, Cofre de Perote National Park, and Los Berros Park.
In Xalapa, you'll be able to select from 86 hotels and other lodging options so you'll have plenty of choices for a perfect holiday retreat. Below are top ranked ones based on Expedia user reviews:
- Holiday Inn Express Xalapa - This 3-star hotel features free breakfast, free WiFi, and free parking. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its breakfast and helpful staff.
- Posada del Cafeto - Our customers like the dining options and breakfast at this hotel. This 3-star hotel features free WiFi, a café, and a 24-hour front desk.
- PICOCANOA RODAVENTO - This 3.5-star property features a restaurant, an outdoor pool, and free parking. Expedia customers like its helpful staff.
Getting Around Xalapa
To see more of the larger area, hop on a train at Xalapa Station. Xalapa may not have many public transportation choices so consider renting a car to explore more.
Dressing for Xalapa
- Between January and March, you can expect the daytime average to be around 78°F and the nighttime average to be 54°F
- From April to June, temperatures average about 82°F during the day and 60°F at night
- July through September averages 79°F during the day and 61°F at night
- In October-December, the average temperature is 77°F during the day and 55°F at night
- Xalapa gets about 50.59 inches of rain per year
- Hottest months are usually May and April with an average temperature of 81°F, while the coldest months are January and February with an average of 55°F