Families will find kid-friendly activities in Yakima, and visitors give high marks for the top-notch restaurants, shopping, and riverfront. This city also attracts tourists with its sporting events and live music.
- There are 39 hotels and other accommodations in Yakima
- The closest major airport is in Yakima, WA (YKM-Yakima Air Terminal - McAllister Field), 4.1 mi (6.5 km) from the city center
Sightseeing and Staying in Yakima
Well known for its live music scene, the city's cultural venues include McAllister Museum of Aviation, Yakima Valley Trolleys, and Capitol Theater. The city's natural setting is picturesque, including the riverfront and such places to visit as Yakima Area Arboretum and Yakima River Valley. Shopping is a favorite activity, so consider an excursion to Westpark Shopping Center and Valley Mall.
As you plan your vacation, you'll find 39 hotels and other lodging options available to select from in Yakima. Below are top ones based on Expedia user reviews:
- Rosedell Bed & Breakfast - This 3-star bed & breakfast features free breakfast, free parking, and laundry facilities. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its breakfast and quiet location.
- Oxford Suites Yakima - Our customers like the central location and clean, comfortable rooms at this hotel. With a stay at this 3-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and a restaurant, along with free WiFi.
- Ledgestone Hotel - With a stay at this 3-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to free parking and a fitness center, along with an in-room kitchen. Expedia customers like its overall value and quiet location.
Dressing for Yakima
- Between January and March, you can expect the daytime average to be around 61°F and the nighttime average to be 20°F
- From April to June, temperatures average about 85°F during the day and 31°F at night
- July through September averages 91°F during the day and 38°F at night
- In October-December, the average temperature is 73°F during the day and 19°F at night
- Yakima gets about 7.83 inches of rain per year
- Hottest months are usually August and July with an average temperature of 88°F, while the coldest months are December and January with an average of 21°F