Visitors to Yemassee are sure to enjoy the restaurants. Tourists can also enjoy so much more including its festivals.
- You'll find 169 Expedia hotels and other accommodations in the larger area of Beaufort
- The closest major airport is in Hilton Head Island, SC (HHH), 33.1 mi (53.2 km) from the city center
- The next closest is in Savannah, GA (SAV-Savannah - Hilton Head Intl.), 43.6 mi (70.2 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Yemassee
Places to visit in the larger region include Blue Heron Nature Center, Ralph Tuten Park, and Gopher Tortoise Square. In the area, you'll also find Pick Pocket Plantation and Sergeant Jasper Country Club.
Below is a top rated place to stay based on our user reviews:
- Hampton Inn Yemassee/Point South, SC - This 2.5-star hotel features free breakfast, free WiFi, and free parking. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its breakfast and proximity to public transit.
Getting Around Yemassee
To venture out into the surrounding area, ride aboard one of the trains from Yemassee Station. Yemassee might not have many public transit options so consider renting a car to explore more.
Dressing for Yemassee
- Between January and March, daytime temperatures average 73°F, while nighttime temperatures stay around 39°F
- From April to June, the average is 91°F during the day and 52°F at night
- July through September sees average temperatures of 92°F during the day and 65°F at night
- In October-December, you can expect 81°F as the daytime average and 40°F as the nighttime average
- About 47.95 inches of rain falls on Yemassee each year
- July and August are usually the hottest months averaging 91°F, while January and February are usually the coldest with an average temperature of 41°F