Travelers to York give high marks for the beaches, shopping, and top-notch restaurants. Tourists to the city can also enjoy its scenic landscape. A top sight in the area is Fort Constitution Historical Site.
- You'll find 235 Expedia hotels and other accommodations in the larger area of Ogunquit - Wells
- The closest major airport is in Portsmouth, NH (PSM-Portsmouth Intl.), 9.2 mi (14.8 km) from the city center
- The next closest is in Sanford, ME (SFM-Sanford Seacoast Regional), 16.4 mi (26.3 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in York
The city's natural setting is picturesque, including the beaches and these places to visit: Wiggly Bridge and Steedman Woods, Long Sands Beach, and York Harbor Beach. A couple of additional sights to add to your agenda are Jefferds Tavern and Museums of Old York.
In York, you'll find 54 hotels and other lodging accommodations so you'll have plenty of choices for a perfect vacation. Here you'll find top ones based on Expedia user reviews:
- Morning Glory Inn - With a stay at this 3.5-star bed & breakfast, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and free parking, along with free WiFi. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its overall value and helpful staff.
- Bittersweet Bed and Breakfast - With a stay at this 3-star bed & breakfast, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and free parking, along with free WiFi.
- Stage Neck Inn - Guests who stay at this 4-star bed & breakfast in York Harbor can enjoy access to a full-service spa and free breakfast, along with free WiFi. Expedia customers like its quiet location and helpful staff.
A popular place to see outside the city is Fort Constitution Historical Site, 6.8 mi/10.9 km from the center of the city.
Dressing for York
- Between January and March, you can expect average temperatures of 51°F during the day and 14°F at night
- From April to June, the average during the day is 81°F, while the average at night is 30°F
- July through September has daytime averages of 82°F with nighttime averages of 44°F
- In October-December, you can expect daytime averages of 67°F and nighttime averages of 17°F
- About 50.91 inches of rain falls on York each year
- Usually July and August are the hottest months with an average of 81°F, whereas January and February are often coldest, averaging 17°F