Visiting Yosemite National Park
Nature enthusiasts will enjoy exploring Yosemite National Park, and visitors give high marks for the magnificent mountain views, ski areas, and riverfront. This city also attracts tourists with its scenic landscape. Top sights in the city include Yosemite Falls, Yosemite Valley, and Glacier Point.
- There are 124 hotels and other accommodations in Yosemite National Park
- The closest major airport is in Mariposa, CA (RMY-Mariposa-Yosemite), 28.7 mi (46.2 km) from the city center
- The next closest is in Mammoth Lakes, CA (MMH-Mammoth Yosemite), 42.4 mi (68.2 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Yosemite National Park
The city's cultural venues include Yosemite Visitor Center and Ansel Adams Gallery. The city is notable for landmarks like Swinging Bridge Picnic Area, Yosemite Valley Chapel, and Washburn Point. The hiking trails, waterfalls, and mountain views highlight the city's natural beauty, and Yosemite Falls, Yosemite Valley, and Glacier Point are worth a visit.
As you plan your vacation to Yosemite National Park, the perfect accommodation may not be in the heart of the city but there are 39 hotels and other lodging options within the local area. Here are local cities close by where you can stay:
- There are 4775 hotels and other lodging options to choose from in Central Valley, and top sights to visit include Forestiere Underground Gardens and Save Mart Center
- There are 2044 hotels and other lodging options to choose from in Eastern Sierra, and top sights to visit include Mammoth Mountain and Mammoth Mountain Ski Resort
- There are 2940 hotels and other lodging options to choose from in Central Interior California, and top sights to visit include Mammoth Mountain and Mammoth Mountain Ski Resort
Other favorite sights in Yosemite National Park include El Capitan, Vernal Falls, and Mariposa Grove. A popular place to see in the surrounding area is June Mountain, 29.2 mi/47 km from the center of the city.
Dressing for Yosemite National Park
- Between January and March, you can expect the daytime average to be around 60°F and the nighttime average to be 28°F
- From April to June, temperatures average about 86°F during the day and 36°F at night
- July through September averages 91°F during the day and 47°F at night
- In October-December, the average temperature is 77°F during the day and 28°F at night
- About 36.22 inches of rain falls on Yosemite National Park each year
- Hottest months are usually July and August with an average temperature of 88°F, while the coldest months are December and January with an average of 29°F