Before you check in
Get your confirmation code handy; you’ll need it to check in. Hint: You’re looking for the 6-character code listed in your itinerary (for example: L84RTL).
Check in online
Want to save yourself time at the airport? Or maybe even save some cash on your checked bags? You can check in online 24-48 hours before take-off – depending on your airline.
After checking in, follow the prompts to get your boarding pass. You may be able to print it, save or send it to your phone, or pick it up at a kiosk at the airport.
Ready to check in now? Let’s get you over to your airline’s website to do the job.
Check in at the airport
Want to snag your boarding pass in person? Airlines generally open their check-in desks 2-3 hours before a flight. You may even be able to check in on your own at a check-in kiosk.
If you go the airport check-in route, you’ll need a couple of things:
- Valid government-issued photo ID
- Flight info (like your airline confirmation code)
- To make sure you make it to your gate on time, get to the airport early. Aim for at least 1-2 hours before take-off for domestic flights and 2-3 hours for international flights.
- If you’re checking bags, flying out of a major airport, or traveling at a busy time (say, on a holiday), plan to get to the airport even earlier than you normally would.
- You’ll need your boarding pass and a government-issued photo ID to go through airport security. Curious if you need anything else? Contact your airline to find out more.
Good to know
- To review your flight schedule and other trip details, take look at your itinerary.
- If you want to add passport info to your profile, you can do that in your user account.
Still need help?
Get in touch. We’re here for you.
Was this topic helpful?
For customer service related questions, please contact us.