The Salem Night Tour
4.5/54.5 out of 5
Salem's most compelling tour. Led by locals with a flair for the history and haunts of Salem. Join the 75-90 minute adventure as a local guide leads the way through legends, ghost stories, history, and the infamous hysteria of 1692 — the Salem Witch Trials. This is a comfortably paced outdoor walking tour of downtown Salem, so please dress accordingly. The tour is largely attended and reservations are strongly suggested.
Salem Night Tour
What's included, what's not
Know before you book
- Wheelchair accessible
- Infants and small children can ride in a pram or stroller
- Service animals allowed
- Public transportation options are available nearby
- Transportation options are wheelchair accessible
- All areas and surfaces are wheelchair accessible
- Suitable for all physical fitness levels
- October Check-In: Check in at 127 Essex St. (Remember Salem Gifts) 30 minutes prior to your tour time. Join the check in line when your entire party is present. When you are checked in you will depart, possibly earlier than your ticket time. The last tour guide to leave will depart exactly on time. Guests who arrive late (even by just a minute) cannot be checked in. Please double-check with your group and make sure you have enough tickets, additional tickets CANNOT be purchased at check in. Share check in information with ALL members of your party as a late arrival cannot and will not be accepted, not be refunded, not be able to 'catch-up' and not be allowed to moved to a different tour slot.
- November - September Check-In: Check in 15 minutes prior to tour time at 127 Essex St. (Remember Salem Gifts)
Salem Night Tour
Take a spooky stroll through downtown Salem, Massachusetts on this haunt and history, night walking tour. Join the adventure Friday and Saturday at 8pm or Sunday through Thursday at 6pm. Starting April 1st, we will be running every night at 8pm! Licensed guides lead the way through legends, history, and the infamous hysteria of 1692 — the Salem Witch Trials. This is a walking tour of historic downtown Salem that lasts about 90 minutes. Hear amazing stories of Salem's past and discover why Salem is one of the most beloved, historic, and haunted towns in America. The route goes at a comfortable pace, rain or shine. This Salem night tour is typically well attended, so reservations are highly recommended. In October we require guests to be early. Late arrivals (even by just a minute) are not accepted under any circumstances. Guest that cannot arrive early should not book this tour in October.
Salem Witch Trials Memorial
Salem Witch Trials memorial featuring a series of inscribed stones throughout the burial ground.
Salem Old Town Hall
guests will hear about Salem's movie history and see one of the iconic filming locations of the movie Hocus Pocus
Old Burying Point Cemetery
Pass by the cemetery and look into it from the gates as you hear about Salem's most spooky ghosts
Saint Peter's Episcopal Church
enter the back garden area of one of Salem's oldest churches, and walk on the unmarked Puritan graves beneath as you hear about the dark history and ghost stories associated with the Salem Witch Trials of 1692.
Essex Street Pedestrian Mall (Pass by)
Pass through the epicenter of historic Salem filled with shopping, sightseeing and history.