Visiting Deer Lake
Visitors to Deer Lake are sure to enjoy the lakeside setting. Tourists can also enjoy the city's coffeehouses and golf courses.
- You'll find 17 Expedia hotels and other accommodations in the larger area of Deer Lake - Corner Brook
- The closest major airport is in Deer Lake, NL (YDF-Deer Lake Regional), 2.8 mi (4.5 km) from the city center
Sightseeing and Staying in Deer Lake
A couple of favorite places to visit are Roy Whelan Heritage Museum & Valley Crafts and Humber River Golf Club. In the area, you'll also find Newfoundland Insectarium and Sir Richards Squires Memorial Provincial Park.
As you plan your holiday retreat, you'll find 5 hotels and other lodging options to pick from in Deer Lake. Below are highly ranked ones based on Expedia user reviews:
- Holiday Inn Express Deer Lake - With a stay at this 2.5-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and an indoor pool, along with free WiFi. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its breakfast and helpful staff.
- Driftwood Inn - Our customers like the overall value and helpful staff at this hotel. With a stay at this 3-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to a restaurant and free parking, along with free WiFi.
Dressing for Deer Lake
- Between January and March, daytime temperatures average 38°F, while nighttime temperatures stay around 4°F
- From April to June, the average is 69°F during the day and 20°F at night
- July through September sees average temperatures of 73°F during the day and 37°F at night
- In October-December, you can expect 56°F as the daytime average and 11°F as the nighttime average
- Deer Lake gets about 1.38 inches of rain per year
- July and August are usually the hottest months averaging 70°F, while February and January are usually the coldest with an average temperature of 7°F