Visitors to Greenwood are sure to enjoy the university setting, shopping, and restaurants. Tourists can also enjoy the city's sightseeing tours and monuments.
- There are 14 hotels and other accommodations in Greenwood
- The closest major airport is in Greenville, SC (GSP-Greenville-Spartanburg Intl.), 48.3 mi (77.8 km) from the city center
Sightseeing and Staying in Greenwood
The city's cultural venues include Greenwood Museum and Greenwood Community Theatre. The university setting is a highlight of the city and Lander University is worth a campus tour. Additionally, you'll find Lake Greenwood State Park and Abbeville Opera House in the area.
As you plan your vacation, you'll find 14 hotels and other lodging accommodations to select from in Greenwood. These are highly ranked ones based on our user reviews:
- Holiday Inn Express & Suites Greenwood Mall - This 2.5-star hotel features free breakfast, an outdoor pool, and free WiFi. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its breakfast and helpful staff.
- Inn on the Square - Our customers like the helpful staff and clean, comfortable rooms at this hotel. With a stay at this 3-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and a restaurant, along with free WiFi.
- Hampton Inn Greenwood - This 2.5-star hotel features free breakfast, an outdoor pool, and free WiFi. Expedia customers like its helpful staff and comfortable beds.
Dressing for Greenwood
- Between January and March, you can expect the daytime average to be around 70°F and the nighttime average to be 31°F
- From April to June, temperatures average about 91°F during the day and 44°F at night
- July through September averages 92°F during the day and 56°F at night
- In October-December, the average temperature is 79°F during the day and 31°F at night
- About 44.65 inches of rain falls on Greenwood each year
- Hottest months are usually July and August with an average temperature of 90°F, while the coldest months are January and December with an average of 33°F