Travelers to Grossharthau will find plenty to explore and enjoy. Top sights around the area include Grosser Garten, Albertinum, and Church of Our Lady.
- There are 341 hotels and other accommodations in the surrounding area
- The closest major airport is in Dresden (DRS), 13.4 mi (21.6 km) from the city center
Sightseeing and Staying in Grossharthau
Notable places to visit in the larger region include Grosser Garten, Albertinum, and Church of Our Lady. In the area, you'll also find Dresden Castle and Semper Opera House.
As you make plans for a getaway to Grossharthau, the perfect accommodation may not be centrally located but you'll find 19 hotels and other lodging options within the local area. Below are places to stay in the surrounding area:
- Ibis budget Dresden City is 15.1 mi (24.3 km) from the center of Grossharthau. Guests who stay at this 1.5-star hotel in Dresden can enjoy access to parking and free WiFi.
- Hyperion Hotel Dresden Am Schloss is 15 mi (24.1 km) from central Grossharthau. Guests who stay at this 5-star hotel in Dresden can enjoy access to a full-service spa and a restaurant, along with free WiFi. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its convenient parking and clean, comfortable rooms.
- Dorint Hotel Dresden is located 14.5 mi (23.4 km) from the heart of Grossharthau. This 4-star hotel in Dresden features 2 restaurants, an indoor pool, and free WiFi. Our customers like its breakfast and clean, comfortable rooms.
Top places to visit outside the city include Old Masters Picture Gallery, located 15.1 mi (24.2 km) from the city center, and Zwinger Palace, which is 15.1 mi/24.3 km away.
Getting Around Grossharthau
To see more of the larger area, hop on a train at Großharthau Station. Grossharthau may not have many public transit options so consider renting a car to explore more.
Dressing for Grossharthau
- Between January and March, daytime temperatures average 53°F, while nighttime temperatures stay around 36°F
- From April to June, the average is 76°F during the day and 43°F at night
- July through September sees average temperatures of 79°F during the day and 50°F at night
- In October-December, you can expect 59°F as the daytime average and 37°F as the nighttime average
- Grossharthau gets about 26.22 inches of rain per year
- July and August are usually the hottest months averaging 76°F, while February and January are usually the coldest with an average temperature of 36°F