Visiting Horn Island
Visitors can enjoy all that Horn Island has to offer including the local tours, waterfront, and museums. In Horn Island, there are 2 hotels and other accommodations to choose from. The closest major airport is in Horn Island, QLD (HID), 1.1 mi (1.7 km) from the city center.
Sightseeing and Staying in Horn Island
Favorite places to visit in the city include Horn Island Jetty, Torres Strait Heritage Museum, and Torres Strait Islands. Additionally, you'll find Punsand Bay Beach in the area.
As you plan your holiday retreat in Horn Island, you can select from the places to stay listed below within 5 miles of the central area.
- Wongai Beach Hotel is 2.7 mi (4.4 km) from the city's heart. Guests who stay at this 3-star hotel in Horn Island can enjoy access to free breakfast and a restaurant, along with an in-room kitchenette. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its pool.
- Horn Island Guest House is located 2.5 mi (4 km) from the city center. This 2.5-star guesthouse in Horn Island features an outdoor pool, free WiFi, and free parking.
- TI Motel Torres Strait is located within 4.9 mi (7.8 km) of the city center. This 2.5-star motel in Thursday Island features free WiFi and laundry facilities.
Dressing for Horn Island
- Between January and March, daytime temperatures average 88°F, while nighttime temperatures stay around 77°F
- From April to June, the average is 87°F during the day and 73°F at night
- July through September sees average temperatures of 85°F during the day and 73°F at night
- In October-December, you can expect 89°F as the daytime average and 75°F as the nighttime average
- Average annual rainfall for Horn Island is 1.54 inches
- December and November are usually the hottest months averaging 88°F, while August and July are usually the coldest with an average temperature of 73°F