Visiting Khon Kaen
Visitors to Khon Kaen are sure to enjoy the spas. Tourists can also enjoy the city's temples, archaeological sites, and live music. A top sight in the city is Khon Kaen National Museum.
- There are 126 hotels and other accommodations in Khon Kaen
- The closest major airport is in Khon Kaen (KKC), 1.5 mi (2.4 km) from the city center
Sightseeing and Staying in Khon Kaen
The city's natural beauty is on display at Raschada Nusorn Park, Bueng Kaen Nakhon Public Park, and Kaen Nakorn Lake Park. University life is a highlight in the city and campuses to tour include Khon Kaen University and Complex KKU. A couple of additional sights to add to your agenda are Khon Kaen National Museum and Central Plaza Khon Kaen.
In Khon Kaen, you'll be able to select from 126 hotels and other lodging accommodations so you'll have plenty of choices for a perfect vacation. Below are top ranked ones based on Expedia user reviews:
- Nadee 10 Resort & Hotel - With a stay at this 4-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to a restaurant and an indoor pool, along with free WiFi. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its breakfast and helpful staff.
- Wishing Tree Resort - With a stay at this 4-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to a restaurant and an outdoor pool, along with free WiFi.
- AVANI Khon Kaen Hotel & Convention Centre - With a stay at this 5-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to a full-service spa and 4 restaurants, along with free WiFi. Expedia customers like its bar and overall value.
Getting Around Khon Kaen
If you want to journey outside of the city, ride aboard a train from Khonkaen Railway Station, Samran Station, or Khon Kaen Tha Phra Station. Khon Kaen may not have many public transit choices so consider a car rental to maximize your time.
Dressing for Khon Kaen
- Between January and March, daytime temperatures average 98°F, while nighttime temperatures stay around 62°F
- From April to June, the average is 99°F during the day and 76°F at night
- July through September sees average temperatures of 91°F during the day and 74°F at night
- In October-December, you can expect 89°F as the daytime average and 60°F as the nighttime average
- Khon Kaen gets about 47.20 inches of rain per year
- April and March are usually the hottest months averaging 97°F, while December and January are usually the coldest with an average temperature of 63°F