Visiting Mae Hong Son
Visitors can enjoy all that Mae Hong Son has to offer including the mountain views and seafood restaurants. This city also attracts tourists with its quaint and relaxing setting. Top sights in the city include Wat Phra That Doi Kong Mu and Pang Ung.
- There are 48 hotels and other accommodations in Mae Hong Son
- The closest major airport is in Mae Hong Son (HGN), 3.2 mi (5.1 km) from the city center
Sightseeing and Staying in Mae Hong Son
Attractions like Thampla Fish Cave and Love Thai Village are fun for everyone, not just kids. The city is notable for landmarks like Wat Phra That Doi Kong Mu, Wat Chong Kham, and Wat Chong Klang. The city's natural beauty is on display at Pang Ung, Namtok Mae Surin National Park, and Nong Chong Kham Public Park.
As you plan your holiday getaway, you'll find 48 hotels and other lodging options available to select from in Mae Hong Son. These are highly ranked ones based on Expedia user reviews:
- Piya Guesthouse - This 3-star hotel features an outdoor pool, free WiFi, and free parking. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its overall value and convenient parking.
- Fern Resort - Our customers like the dining options and helpful staff at this hotel. With a stay at this 2.5-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and a restaurant, along with a private balcony.
- Baan Mai Guesthouse - This 2.5-star guesthouse features free WiFi, free parking, and a terrace. Expedia customers like its overall value and helpful staff.
Dressing for Mae Hong Son
- Between January and March, you can expect average temperatures of 98°F during the day and 58°F at night
- From April to June, the average during the day is 99°F, while the average at night is 71°F
- July through September has daytime averages of 90°F with nighttime averages of 73°F
- In October-December, you can expect daytime averages of 89°F and nighttime averages of 58°F
- Average annual rainfall for Mae Hong Son is 2.83 inches
- Usually April and March are the hottest months with an average of 97°F, whereas December and January are often coldest, averaging 59°F