Visiting Matathawa Island
Visitors can enjoy all that Matathawa Island has to offer including its beaches. In Matathawa Island, there are 2 hotels and other accommodations to choose from. The closest major airport is in Nadi (NAN-Nadi Intl.), 55.4 mi (89.1 km) from the city center.
Sightseeing and Staying in Matathawa Island
The picturesque setting of Long Beach and Yasawa Islands exemplify the city's natural beauty. Additionally, you'll find Devil's Beach and Sawa-I-Lau Caves in the area.
As you make plans for a getaway to Matathawa Island, the best accommodation may not be centrally located but there are 15 hotels and other lodging options within the local area. Below are places to stay within 5 miles of the city center.
- Waitui Basecamp - Hostel is located in central Matathawa Island. This 2-star hostel in Matathawa Island features a restaurant and a bar. Our customers like its helpful staff.
- Isa Lei Glampsite is located within 0.1 mi (0.1 km) of the city center. This 2.5-star hotel in Matathawa Island features free breakfast, a restaurant, and a bar. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its beach locale and helpful staff.
- Oarsman's Bay Lodge is 1.1 mi (1.8 km) from the city's heart. Guests who stay at this 3-star hotel in Nacula Island can enjoy access to a restaurant and WiFi. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its helpful staff and walkable location.
Dressing for Matathawa Island
- Between January and March, daytime temperatures average 88°F, while nighttime temperatures stay around 73°F
- From April to June, the average is 86°F during the day and 66°F at night
- July through September sees average temperatures of 84°F during the day and 65°F at night
- In October-December, you can expect 88°F as the daytime average and 68°F as the nighttime average
- Matathawa Island gets about 1.81 inches of rain per year
- February and January are usually the hottest months averaging 88°F, while July and August are usually the coldest with an average temperature of 66°F