Visitors can enjoy all that Phitsanulok has to offer including the temples, monuments, and riverfront. The culturally-rich and walkable setting also entices those visiting the city.
- There are 89 hotels and other accommodations in Phitsanulok
- The closest major airport is in Phitsanulok (PHS), 4.5 mi (7.2 km) from the city center
- The next closest is in Sukhothai (THS), 41.5 mi (66.8 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Phitsanulok
The city's cultural venues include Folklore Museum and Sgt. Maj. Thawee Folk Museum. The city is notable for landmarks like Wat Phra Sri Rattana Mahatat Woramahawihan, Wat Nang Phaya, and Wat Chulamani. Additionally, you might want to add Naresuan University to your agenda.
In Phitsanulok, there are 89 hotels and other lodging accommodations so you'll have plenty of choices for a perfect vacation. Here you'll find highly ranked ones based on Expedia user reviews:
- The Viewpoint Hotel - With a stay at this 3-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to free parking and a terrace, along with free WiFi. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its convenient parking and helpful staff.
- Pattara Resort & Spa - With a stay at this 4-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to a full-service spa and a restaurant, along with free WiFi.
- PoonSook Resident Hotel - This 3-star hotel features free WiFi, free parking, and concierge services. Expedia customers like its overall value.
Getting Around Phitsanulok
If you want to see more of the area, hop aboard a train from Phitsanulok Ban Teng Nam Station, Phitsanulok Station, or Phitsanulok Ban Tum Station. Phitsanulok might not have very many public transit choices so consider a car rental to maximize your time.
Dressing for Phitsanulok
- Between January and March, daytime temperatures average 99°F, while nighttime temperatures stay around 65°F
- From April to June, the average is 100°F during the day and 77°F at night
- July through September sees average temperatures of 92°F during the day and 76°F at night
- In October-December, you can expect 91°F as the daytime average and 62°F as the nighttime average
- About 51.26 inches of rain falls on Phitsanulok each year
- April and May are usually the hottest months averaging 99°F, while December and January are usually the coldest with an average temperature of 65°F