Pittsburg Motels for the Frugal Traveler
There are more than 19 hotels and other lodging choices in Pittsburg, though you'll find just 5 economical motels. These budget accommodations can help you cut costs when compared with traditional hotels, which have more amenities but ones you may never use.
Fun fact: Introduced in the early 1950s, colorful neon signs were used as beacons for tired families on road trips, and examples today can still be seen along historic U.S. Route 66. At many motels, you'll often find a free parking spot and an outdoor pool.
Below are some of our customers’ favorite Pittsburg motels to choose from:
Super 8 by Wyndham Pittsburg KS
- Stay within a short 6-minute drive of Pittsburg State University.
- Enjoy the in-room free WiFi, and freebies including breakfast and parking.
Regency Inn & Suites
- A business center along with freebies like breakfast, WiFi, and parking are available during your stay.
- You'll be located within 11 minutes of Pittsburg State University by car.
King's Way Inn
- Enjoy access to the 24-hour front desk, and freebies including breakfast, WiFi, and parking.
Azure Sky Motel
- Free WiFi and a 24-hour front desk are available during your stay, along with room amenities like a flat-screen TV.
- Enjoy access to the free breakfast, outdoor pool, and fitness center.
What to Do in Pittsburg
These are some of the parks and outdoorsy places:
- Watco Trailhead and Park
- Lakeside Park
- Gunn Park
To learn more about local history, take some time at:
- Fort Scott National Cemetery
- Fort Scott National Historic Site
During your trip, here are some other places to visit:
- Four Oaks Golf Course
- Crawford County Historical Museum
- Pittsburg State University
Pittsburg is also known for its:
- University life
Best Time to Visit Pittsburg
Determine the perfect time for your visit to Pittsburg by looking over these seasonal weather details:
- The hottest months are typically August and July, while January and December are the coldest months
- January-March: Daytime temperatures average 64° F and nighttime temperatures average 28° F
- April-June: 88° F is the daytime average and 46° F is the nighttime average
- July-September: Daytime averages are around 92° F and nighttime averages are around 56° F
- October-December: The average temperatures are 76° F during the day and 28° F at night
- Average rainfall is 46.89 inches in a year
How to Get to Pittsburg and Around the Area
|Joplin, MO (JLN-Joplin Regional) ||Airport ||21.7 mi (34.9 km) |