Visitors to Sauherad are sure to find plenty to explore and enjoy. There are 17 hotels and other accommodations in the surrounding area. The closest major airport is in Notodden (NTB), 9.3 mi (14.9 km) from the city center.
Sightseeing and Staying in Sauherad
Places to visit in the larger region include Sommarland, Bo Museum, and Gygrestolen. In the area, you'll also find Grenland Golf Club and Henrik Ibsen Museum.
As you plan for your vacation to Sauherad, you might not find the perfect accommodation centrally located, but you can select from 17 hotels and other lodging options within the larger area. Listed here are places to stay in the surrounding area:
- Norsjø Hotel is 3.3 mi (5.3 km) from central Sauherad. This 2.5-star hotel in Akkerhaugen features a marina, free breakfast, and free WiFi.
- Thon Hotel Hoyers is located 19.4 mi (31.2 km) from the heart of Sauherad. Guests who stay at this 3.5-star hotel in Skien can enjoy access to free breakfast and a restaurant, along with free WiFi.
- Kongsberg Vandrerhjem Bergmannen is 20 mi (32.2 km) from the center of Sauherad. Guests who stay at this 2-star hostel in Kongsberg can enjoy access to free breakfast and free parking, along with free WiFi.
Getting Around Sauherad
If you want to journey outside of the area, ride aboard a train from Sauherad Nordagutu Station, Sauherad Dalsvatn Station, or Sauherad Gvarv Station. Sauherad may not have many public transit choices so consider a car rental to maximize your time.
Dressing for Sauherad
- Between January and March, you can expect average temperatures of 41°F during the day and 24°F at night
- From April to June, the average during the day is 65°F, while the average at night is 31°F
- July through September has daytime averages of 68°F with nighttime averages of 45°F
- In October-December, you can expect daytime averages of 53°F and nighttime averages of 27°F
- Average annual rainfall for Sauherad is 1.26 inches
- Usually July and August are the hottest months with an average of 65°F, whereas February and January are often coldest, averaging 25°F