Visitors can enjoy all that Tirumala has to offer including its monuments. There are 61 hotels and other accommodations in the surrounding area. The closest major airport is in Tirupati (TIR), 13.4 mi (21.5 km) from the city center.
Sightseeing and Staying in Tirumala
A favorite place to visit in the city is Venkateshvara Temple. In the area, you'll also find Sri Venkateswara Museum and Govindaraja Swami Temple.
As you plan your vacation to Tirumala, the best accommodation may not be in the city center but there are 60 hotels and other lodging options within the local area. Here are places to stay in the region:
- Marasa Sarovar Premiere is 6 mi (9.7 km) from central Tirumala. Guests who stay at this 4-star hotel in Tirupati can enjoy access to 2 restaurants and an outdoor pool, along with satellite TV. Our customers like its pool and helpful staff.
- Fortune Select Grand Ridge-Member ITC Hotel Group is located 7.7 mi (12.4 km) from the heart of Tirumala. Guests who stay at this 4-star resort in Tirupati can enjoy access to 2 restaurants and an outdoor pool, along with free WiFi. Our customers like its helpful staff and clean rooms.
- Hotel PLR Grand is 6.2 mi (10 km) from the center of Tirumala. This 3-star hotel in Tirupati features 2 restaurants, free breakfast, and free WiFi.
Dressing for Tirumala
- Between January and March, you can expect the daytime average to be around 95°F and the nighttime average to be 72°F
- From April to June, temperatures average about 101°F during the day and 79°F at night
- July through September averages 98°F during the day and 79°F at night
- In October-December, the average temperature is 93°F during the day and 73°F at night
- About 48.35 inches of rain falls on Tirumala each year
- Hottest months are usually May and June with an average temperature of 100°F, while the coldest months are January and February with an average of 73°F