Visitors to Tirupati are sure to enjoy the temples. Tourists can also enjoy the city's waterfalls, zoo, and architecture.
- There are 61 hotels and other accommodations in Tirupati
- The closest major airport is in Tirupati (TIR), 8.3 mi (13.3 km) from the city center
Sightseeing and Staying in Tirupati
The city is notable for its temples and landmarks like Govindaraja Swami Temple, Venkateshvara Temple, and Chandragiri Fort. Additionally, you might want to add Sri Venkateswara Museum to your agenda.
In Tirupati, you'll be able to select from 61 hotels and other lodging accommodations so you'll have a variety of choices for a perfect holiday retreat. Below are top ranked ones based on our user reviews:
- Fortune Select Grand Ridge-Member ITC Hotel Group - With a stay at this 4-star resort, guests can enjoy access to 2 restaurants and an outdoor pool, along with free WiFi. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its helpful staff and clean rooms.
- Pai Viceroy - Our customers like the dining options and breakfast at this hotel. With a stay at this 3-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to 2 restaurants and free parking, along with in-room flat-screen TVs.
- Marasa Sarovar Premiere - This 4-star hotel features 2 restaurants, an outdoor pool, and free valet parking. Expedia customers like its pool and helpful staff.
Getting Around Tirupati
To see more of the larger area, hop on a train at Tirupati. Tirupati may not have many public transit options so consider a car rental to maximize your time.
Dressing for Tirupati
- Between January and March, you can expect the daytime average to be around 95°F and the nighttime average to be 72°F
- From April to June, temperatures average about 101°F during the day and 79°F at night
- July through September averages 98°F during the day and 79°F at night
- In October-December, the average temperature is 93°F during the day and 73°F at night
- Tirupati gets about 48.35 inches of rain per year
- Hottest months are usually May and June with an average temperature of 100°F, while the coldest months are January and February with an average of 73°F