Visitors can enjoy all that Viseu has to offer including the cathedral, museums, and monuments. Tourists can also enjoy the city's parks and riverfront.
- There are 21 hotels and other accommodations in Viseu
- The closest major airport is in Viseu (VSE), 4.6 mi (7.5 km) from the city center
- The next closest is in Vila Real (VRL), 43.9 mi (70.6 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Viseu
Notable city landmarks like Viseu Cathedral and Monastery of Santa Maria de Silgueiros might be worth a visit. A couple of additional sights to add to your agenda are Jardim das Mães and Viseu City Hall.
As you plan your holiday getaway, you'll find 21 hotels and other lodging accommodations to pick from in Viseu. Below are highly ranked ones based on Expedia user reviews:
- Pousada de Viseu - Historic Hotel - With a stay at this 4-star pousada, guests can enjoy access to a full-service spa and free breakfast, along with free WiFi. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its breakfast and helpful staff.
- Bemyguest - Loft Guest House Jardim das Mães Charming - Our customers love the helpful staff at this apartment. Amenities at this 3-star apartment include free WiFi and laundry facilities.
- Casa da Sé - This 4-star hotel features free breakfast, free WiFi, and a bar. Expedia customers like its helpful staff.
Dressing for Viseu
- Between January and March, you can expect average temperatures of 63°F during the day and 40°F at night
- From April to June, the average during the day is 74°F, while the average at night is 47°F
- July through September has daytime averages of 77°F with nighttime averages of 54°F
- In October-December, you can expect daytime averages of 72°F and nighttime averages of 41°F
- Viseu gets about 50.00 inches of rain per year
- Usually August and July are the hottest months with an average of 76°F, whereas January and February are often coldest, averaging 41°F