9 ways to get the most out of Expedia’s 9 days of deals
Just like 2020 had you switching up your travel plans, this year Expedia is making some big changes to its Black Friday and Cyber Monday sale. Nine days of deals will kick off early on Monday, November 23, giving travelers four days longer to score deals on travel, including 50 percent off select properties and a 12 percent-off coupon usable on the mobile app.
The best part? You don’t have to travel ASAP to take advantage of the deals. Book during the sale and travel anytime through the end of next summer.
Here are Expedia’s top tips for shopping the sale:
- Download the Expedia mobile app: Okay, so this one is easy but it’s also important! This year, Expedia is offering a 12 percent off app-exclusive coupon that can be used on select hotels and activities. Think of it as a bonus to the double Expedia Reward points you’d always get by booking through the app.
- Free cancellation? Check! If there’s one thing we’ve all learned by now, it’s that flexibility is key when it comes to making travel plans amid a pandemic. Save money without having to sacrifice peace of mind by shopping stays that offer free cancellation, so you can rest easy knowing you can always change your plans.
- Get a taste of travel, without going far: If a major vacation isn’t in the cards, you can still get a little taste of travel by booking a staycation in town. Even an overnight getaway or long weekend can be the change of scenery we all desperately need (and deserve) this year. Find a cozy and quiet retreat to rest and recharge, or some modern digs with super-fast wifi to take your Zoom meetings from for a few days.
- Read up on health and safety measures: Since May, more than 300,000 properties have added their health and cleanliness efforts on Expedia.com, so guests don’t have to wonder whether they’ll find contactless check-in, masks or other enhanced cleaning measures. We know how important it is to stay safe and healthy while traveling, so it’s easy to find these details right on the hotel’s info page while you’re browse the deals.
- Find a home away from home: Keen to bring the whole family and still have plenty of space? Dreaming of an outdoorsy escape far from the city? Prefer to stay in and cook? If you answered ‘yes’ to any of these, a vacation rental might be the perfect accommodation for your next trip. Luckily, the deals for Black Friday/Cyber Monday aren’t limited to hotels and resorts this year (though there are plenty of those, too).
- Book something to look forward to: There’s no better mood booster than having a vacation to look forward to – a feeling we haven’t had enough of this year! So why not end the year on a high note by locking in some plans to get away in 2021? This year, the sale applies to travel through September 2021, so it’s the perfect time to get that spring break or summer trip on the books.
- Be a hometown explorer: Not ready to leave town yet? Try being a tourist in your own city by checking out some of the top activities available near your neighborhood. Visiting an outdoor museum or taking a socially distanced brewery tour can help you see your city through fresh eyes. Get a discount on select activities by using the 12 percent off app-exclusive coupon during the sale.
- Bring a furry friend along: Whether this year’s lockdowns inspired you to adopt an animal companion or you had one (or more!) all along, more and more people are traveling with their pets these days. For a short-cut to finding accommodations that welcome – and sometimes even pamper – your fur baby, be sure to use Expedia’s “pet-friendly” search filter.
- Book on the cheapest days: Our Travel Trends report pulled out some amazing travel hacks, including the cheapest days to book accommodation, and which days you might want to avoid starting your travel plans on. Head here to read up on the tips and get inspired about planning those 2021 getaways.
Happy shopping and safe travels!
More Articles With Company