Expedia Travel Week: Hotel Discounts, Rewards Benefits, and More
Mark your calendars because Expedia’s first-ever Expedia Travel Week sale is right around the corner. Running from June 8-12, our biggest savings event of the year will be available on the Expedia Mobile app and Expedia.com, offering travelers up to 60% off savings on select hotels and activities.
The Expedia Travel Week Sale will feature savings on more than 30,000 hotels worldwide, 800+ activities, offers from cruise lines and more, to help vacation-deprived travelers plan their next well-deserved trip.
Not ready to travel just yet? Fear not. Offers will be open to bookings as far out as January 2022, and most include flexible cancellation policies, making it the perfect time to lock in travel plans to look forward to for the rest of the year.
Here are all the different ways to save:
EXPEDIA TRAVEL WEEK DEALS
Beginning Tuesday, June 8, Expedia will launch five days of deals to some of the most dream-worthy destinations, with hotel and activities up to 60% off. Whether it’s a relaxing summer trip to explore the surf-ready shores of Oahu or an international bucket list vacation to roam the vineyards of Tuscany, there’s something for every kind of traveler.
Plus, find exclusive cruise offers such as complimentary onboard credits, upgrades and discounts from AMA Waterways, Carnival and Norwegian for select sailings through 2023 (offers vary by cruise line).
CURATED DAILY GETAWAYS
In celebration of Expedia Travel Week, Expedia tapped travel and lifestyle trendsetters to create Daily Getaways, custom itineraries for travelers to discover and plan that much-deserved vacation or bucket list trip. Each day of the sale, a new Daily Getaway itinerary will be featured and will include a limited-time 20%-off coupon to be used on the select hotel and activity.
Preview them now and set a reminder when your favorite Daily Getaway goes on sale:
- TUESDAY, JUNE 8: Where to stay and what to do in Los Angeles and Tulum from @Weylie
- WEDNESDAY, JUNE 9: Discovering hidden gems in Las Vegas and Oahu with @FlyWithGarrett
- THURSDAY, JUNE 10: Learn @OneikaTraveller’s tricks to enjoying the city life in Nashville and New York City
- FRIDAY, JUNE 11: The perfect couples’ getaways in Miami and Brooklyn with @HannahAyl
- SATURDAY, JUNE 12: Sunshine and family fun from coast to coast with @Raffinee in San Diego and Orlando
EXPEDIA REWARDS PERKS
The savings don’t end there. For Rewards Members looking to maximize their points game, Expedia Travel Week will be one of the largest promotions to date:
- 5X APP OFFER During Expedia Travel Week Rewards Members can shop through the mobile app and receive 5X points on any transaction, that’s up to 10 points for every $1.00 spent. Members can stack this offer to get even more rewards by shopping VIP Access properties and receive 7X points, up to 14 points for every $1.00 spent.
- EXPEDIA REWARDS CARD The Expedia Rewards Card from Citi and the Expedia Rewards Voyager Card from Citi are both offering a limited time Welcome Bonus, of 20,000 and 50,000 bonus points respectively after qualifying purchases. The offer is available to new cardholders through July 30, 2021.
TIPS AND TRICKS FOR GETTING THE MOST OUT OF EXPEDIA TRAVEL WEEK
- DOWNLOAD THE APP: In addition to unlocking 5x the Rewards points during Expedia Travel Week, Expedia’s award-winning mobile app also makes it easier to plan and keep track of travel plans.
- BOOKMARK IT: Do a little pre-shopping and save hotels to your favorites list, then set a reminder for when the sale kicks off and your favorite Daily Getaway goes live.
- BOOK FLEXIBLE RATES: Many of the deals featured will have flexible cancellation policies. While many destinations are open, choosing refundable rates allows travelers to snag a great deal without worrying about plans needing to change. Filter search results for “free cancellation” or “reserve now, pay later” and select a refundable room type.
- UNLOCK DEEPER SAVINGS BY BUNDLING: Just by booking multiple items at the same time, such as adding a car rental, activity, or hotel to a flight purchase, travelers could save up to hundreds of dollars on their trip.
- KEEP TABS ON THE LATEST TRAVEL RESTRICTIONS: With restrictions changing by the day, it can be tricky to stay up to date on the latest COVID-related guidelines. Use the Expedia Travel Advisor, which lets travelers search by their origin and destination to see what travel advisories or COVID-19 restrictions are in place.
Happy shopping and safe travels!