Expedia Viewfinder Scavenger Hunt
If there are two things we love here at Expedia it’s this: travel and free stuff. Even better when these two things are combined in one pretty little package. But as much as we like keeping travel and free stuff to ourselves, we like giving it away even more. So we have more travel and free stuff for you with what we’ve dubbed the Expedia Viewfinder Scavenger Hunt.
The premise behind it is simple. Every Tuesday (Travel Tuesday) we’ll pose a question on Twitter, such as: “It’s Travel Tuesday! What are our bloggers’ best road trip tips? Tweet your answer w/ the blog link & #ExpediaViewfinder.” You would then find the answer on the Expedia Viewfinder blog and tweet something similar to the following:
- The @NVRGuys recommend taking the free NPS shuttle when road tripping through Glacier National Park http://bit.ly/18yM07v #ExpediaViewfinder
- I found a tip in this #ExpediaViewfinder http://bit.ly/18yM07v post about RTE 66 accommodations being frequent and diverse @Expedia.
- My answer to @Expedia‘s Travel Tuesday question: Have someone look for whales as you drive the PCH http://bit.ly/132OF00 #ExpediaViewfinder
So what’s the incentive and when does the free travel come in? While one incentive is getting tips for your next big trip, you’ll also have the chance to travel on Expedia’s dime. Every week we’ll randomly choose one participant to win a $250 travel voucher to use on Expedia.com.
- Look for Expedia’s Travel Tuesday question of the week on Twitter every Tuesday morning on the @Expedia Twitter account.
- Expedia will tweet a question that you’ll have to find an answer to on the Expedia Viewfinder blog.
- Tweet your answer with the link to the blog post that you find the answer in along with the #ExpediaViewfinder hashtag. It’s not required to tweet to @Expedia, but just make sure your tweet has the blog url and the #ExpediaViewfinder hashtag.
- We’ll pick one participant each week to win a $250 Expedia travel voucher.
For today’s edition, tweet one of our bloggers’ wine country tips with the link and the #ExpediaViewfinder hashtag for a chance to win!
No Purchase Necessary. A Purchase will not Increase Your Chances of Winning.
1. Eligibility: The Sweepstakes is open only to legal residents of the United States who are at least eighteen (18) years old and have a Twitter account. Employees of Expedia, Inc., as well as the immediate family (spouse, parents, siblings, and children) and household members of those employees, are not eligible to enter.
2. Sponsor: The Sweepstakes is sponsored by Expedia, Inc., 333 108th Avenue NE, Bellevue, WA 98004(“Sponsor”).
3. Agreement to Official Rules: By entering, you indicate your full and unconditional agreement to (a) these Official Rules and (b) Sponsor’s decisions, which are final and binding. Winning a prize is contingent upon fulfilling all requirements set forth herein.
4. Entry Period: The Sweepstakes begins at 9:00 AM PST and ends at 5:00 PM PST on October 21, 2014. Sponsor’s computer is the official time-keeping device for the Sweepstakes.
5. How to Enter: If you don’t already follow @Expedia on Twitter, visit http://twitter.com/Expedia and click on the icon to follow @Expedia. Once you are following @Expedia, respond to the Sweepstakes question with the #ExpediaViewfinder hashtag and a link to the corresponding blog post. There is a limit of one (1) entry per person. Multiple entrants are not permitted to share the same Twitter account. If you attempt to obtain more than one (1) entry by using multiple/different Twitter accounts, identities, registrations, or logins, or through any other methods, Sponsor may exclude you from participating in the Sweepstakes.
6. Drawing: After the Entry Period, Sponsor will select one (1) potential winner in a random drawing of all entries received. The odds of being selected depend on the number of entries received.
7. Notification and Requirements of Potential Winners: Sponsor will announce the winner on Twitter by 5:00 PM PT on the following day, October 22, 2014. Additionally, sponsor will send a direct message from @Expedia to the potential winner’s Twitter account used to enter the Sweepstakes with instructions on how to claim the prize. In order to receive a direct message from Sponsor, you must (a) be following @Expedia and (b) have your account settings set to “unprotected” and/or “public.” If a potential winner does not respond and comply with the instructions in the direct message within 3 days after Sponsor sent the direct message, he/she will forfeit the prize and Sponsor may award the prize to an alternate entrant. Only three (3) alternate entrants will be contacted. Except where prohibited, a potential winner may be required to complete and return an affidavit of eligibility and liability/publicity release. If a potential winner is a minor, his/her parent or legal guardian will be required to sign the documents on his/her behalf.
One (1) winner receive a coupon for $250 off any booking for a package or hotel on Expedia.com. The coupon expires October 31, 2015 and can only be used on one (1) booking. A winner is responsible for paying any applicable income taxes and any expenses not listed above. Any prize details not specified above will be determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion. A prize may not be transferred and must be accepted as awarded. You may not request cash or a substitute prize; however, Sponsor reserves the right to substitute a prize with another prize of equal or greater value if the prize is not available for any reason.
9. General Conditions: In the event that the operation, security, or administration of the Sweepstakes is impaired in any way, including, but not limited to fraud, virus, or other technical problem, Sponsor may, in its sole discretion, either: (a) suspend the Sweepstakes to address the impairment and then resume the Sweepstakes in a manner that best conforms to the spirit of these Official Rules; or (b) award the prizes at random from among the eligible entries received up to the time of the impairment. Sponsor reserves the right in its sole discretion to disqualify any individual who tampers with the operation of the Sweepstakes, violates these Official Rules, or acts in an unsportsmanlike or disruptive manner. Sponsor reserves the right to seek damages from any person who seeks to undermine the legitimate operation of the Sweepstakes. Failure by Sponsor to enforce any term of these Official Rules shall not constitute a waiver of that provision. Proof of sending any communication to Sponsor by mail shall not be deemed proof of receipt of that communication by Sponsor. In the event of a dispute as to the owner of an entry, the authorized account holder of the Twitter account used to enter will be deemed to be the entrant. The Sweepstakes is subject to federal, state, and local laws and regulations and is void where prohibited.
10. Release and Limitations of Liability: By participating in the Sweepstakes, you agree to release and hold harmless Sponsor, its parent, subsidiaries, affiliates, and each of their respective officers, directors, employees, and agents (the “Released Parties”) from and against any claim or cause of action arising out of participation in the Sweepstakes or receipt or use of any prize, including, but not limited to: (a) unauthorized human intervention in the Sweepstakes; (b) technical errors related to computers, servers, providers, or telephone, or network lines; (c) any errors on the Twitter platform that may prevent an entrant from entering or receiving direct messages; (d) printing errors; (e) lost, late, postage-due, misdirected, or undeliverable mail; (f) errors in the administration of the Sweepstakes or the processing of entries; or (g) injury or damage to persons or property which may be caused, directly or indirectly, in whole or in part, from entrant’s participation in the Sweepstakes or receipt or use of any prize. You further agree that in any cause of action, the Released Parties’ liability will be limited to thecost of entering and participating in the Sweepstakes, and in no event shall the Released Parties be liable for attorney’sfees. You waive the right to claim any damages whatsoever, including, but not limited to, punitive, consequential, direct, or indirect damages.
11. Disputes: You agree that any and all disputes, claims and causes of action arising out of, or connected with, the Sweepstakes or any prize awarded shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, and exclusively by the appropriate court located in the State of Washington. All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules, your rights and obligations, or the rights and obligations of the Sponsor in connection with the Sweepstakes, shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of the State of Washington, without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules (whether of the State of Washington or any other jurisdiction), which would cause the application of the laws of any jurisdiction other than the State of Washington.
More Articles With Company